Twenty three

Don't hate me. Y'all should probably reread the last chapter before continuing.

Continued...

Omniscient

"Come out with me tonight," Adrian asked for the tenth time since he'd walked into Kai's condo. The initial plan, at least according to Kai's knowledge, was for him to eat his plate of turkey necks and greens before leaving to do a club appearance.

However, Adrian was making it his mission to convince Kai to come out with him like he'd been doing since that night they had the altercation at the club. He had to admit, doing appearances was much more fun when he had Kai by his side instead of being surrounded by groupies who he didn't know. Kai kept shit interesting.

"I already got my bonnet on. No sir," she replied, shaking her head as she sat atop island counter with a glass and bottle of red wine beside her.

"Kai," Adrian grumbled with food in his mouth. He could cook a little something, but it didn't compare to Kai's skills. She could cook her ass off and that was one of the characteristics that kept him around other than her personality.

"Adrian I said no. It's already," she paused to check the time on her phone, "9:47 and that's not enough time for me to get ready."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not."

"Yes the hell it is. Facts, you could've been done but you still sitting here talking to me," Adrian replied and Kai took a slow sip of her wine, staring at him from over the glass. Sitting the glass back down on the side of herself, Kai have Adrian a look.

"Who are you talking to, Adrian? Don't get your head knocked off your shoulders."

"I apologize," he let out a small laugh before sucking the meat from the bone of the turkey neck. Adrian had plans of taking a plate home with him.

"I should be getting paid for this shit. I'm at these clubs just as much as you," Kai mumbled, hopping down from the counter and pulling the light blue sleeping shorts from her behind since they were giving her a wedgie.

Kai had decided to go ahead and attend the event because she loved to play dress up and stunt on anybody whenever given the chance. She just had to talk shit first because Adrian knew how much cane hated last minute and he always did this to her.

"Say less."

"Shut up," were her last words before she disappeared into her bedroom and closed the door behind herself.

About forty five minutes later, Kai emerged from the bedroom fastening her watch around her wrist. By this time, Adrian had washed his plate and cup out in the sink and was sitting on the couch watching Law and Order. His eyes glanced in her direction when he heard her heels clacking in the floor. Adrian already knew that he would be massaging her ankle later on.

"Damn you look good, mama," Adrian stated when he had a good look at her outfit.

"I know," Kai shrugged, readjusting the royal blue handbag under her arm before walking towards the front door. "Let's go."

Getting up from the couch, Adrian turned off the television, knowing that Kai would have a fit if he didn't, and followed behind her. Staring at how her ass moved in the jeans that fit like a second skin, Adrian shook his head. This girl, man...