Eight

The Next Day, Wednesday

Omniscient

"Aye, Kaine," Devon called as they walked to the locker rooms to get dried off and dressed before the bell for D lunch rang.

Kaine's third period class was basketball, so that meant an hour and thirty minutes of practice. Then, after school on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, the team had practice after school from four to six.

He turned around to Devon and used his shirt to wipe his face. It was hot as hell in the gym and all he wanted to was change his clothes and go eat.

"You seen this?"

His eyes furrowed at the sight of a video of Riah in the car with some light skin dude. The guy was holding the phone to where you could only see part of his face, but Riah could be seen rolling a blunt to perfection and passionately singing Jhene Aiko and Big Sean's London Bridge.

Kaine exited out of the video and checked the details. The dude had posted the video almost two hours before and it had twenty seven retweets and one hundred, fifty nine likes. Kaine tried to go into full detective mode but his page was private.

Riah' hair, makeup, and clothes were the same in the video as in a picture that she posted on Snapchat that morning so Kaine was sure that the video wasn't old.

"Good looks man," Kaine nodded his head and dapped Devon up, continuing to the locker rooms.

He could hear some of his teammates talking about the video which made him even more pissed because Kaine thought he had been talking to one that he didn't have to worry about.

Not trying to jump to conclusions, Kaine took a deep breath to calm himself down before he went off and finished getting himself together.

Once he was dressed and freshened up, Kaine got his phone out of his backpack and glanced over the many notifications that graced his screen. Most of them were twitter DM's that were more than likely people sending him the video of Riah in that car.

In the midst of the many notifications, there was an iMessage from Kharisma. Kaine slid the message notification to the right and pressed his right thumb down on the home button to unlock his phone.

Baby Riz👸🏾
You want me to fight that hoe? Because you know I will.

You ain't fighting shit. Shut up.

Shaking his head after pressing send, Kaine locked his phone and stuffed it in his pocket before hearing the bell ring. Riz and everybody else knew that she wasn't fighting anybody. The reason for that allegation was because she would be working like a Hebrew slave just like Kaydence and because it just wasn't in her.

Kharisma's feisty mouth and intimidating height was more than enough for somebody to back down and say "never mind". Kaine wouldn't let her fight anyways. That's what he was for.

He was almost to the crew's usual sitting spot when he heard his name being called from the left of him. Riah, with a sad look on her face, was coming from the shaded area where she always sat at with the rest of the varsity cheerleaders.

"What, Riah," Kaine questioned. He was in no mood to talk to her, especially since all their nosey ass classmates were within earshot. Kaine wasn't fond of being embarrassed or anybody knowing his business, but it was too late for either of those.