Seventeen

Thank y'all for 100k.

And Chloe is not being paid to fail so that she can scheme on the Thompson family lmao. The statement about her 'failing as if she was being paid' was figurative language.

_________________________________

Omniscient

"Kaine, do you have enough Gatorade for tonight," Kharisma questioned, finally looking up from her phone. She had been texting Caesar since the second period of the school day.

"Yeah I'm good," Kaine replied, briefly taking his attention away from the conversation he and Riah were engaged in.

"Okay," Riz nodded her head and looked back down at her phone, seeing that she had another message notification from Caesar. The two had exchanged phone numbers on the first day back from Christmas break and had been texting each other nonstop for a few weeks.

On the day that they went to lunch with each other, they became better informed of one another. Caesar finally came to an understanding of the fact that Kharisma didn't care about how much money he had in his pockets. She was taught to look for quality, not quantity.

Ceez
Don't miss me too much
in 4th period.

Riz
Don't flatter yourself too much.

Ceez
I better see you in the stands
holding a sign with my number
on it.

Riz
I'll think about it.

Ceez
😂 I'll see you tonight. Tell
our best friend I said wussup

Riz
She's gonna fight you.

"Taj, Caesar said 'wussup'," Riz announced, a small laugh following because she already knew how Taj would react.

Taj stopped chewing her Chic fil'A sandwich and gave Kharisma the side eye. Upon learning about Riz's new best friend, she was not happy. Taj was one that didn't like to share. So for somebody to come in and claim Kharisma, Taj knew that Riz would be spending less time with her first best friend.

"I don't like y'all," Taj stated with an attitude, but obviously joking with Kharisma.

At the sound of his teammates name, Kaine told Riah to hold on for the second time within only a minute, causing her to suck her teeth and fold her arms.

Riah was becoming impatient because she had been trying to hold Kaine's attention since lunch began but there was always somebody or something that took it away from her. At that moment, the cause was Kharisma.

But, what Riah didn't realize was that Kharisma was always going to come before her so she had to either get with the program or get lost.

"Caesar Broussard," Kaine asked.

"Mhm," Riz mumbled, realizing that she'd screwed up by saying his name out loud.

"That's ya boyfriend," Amir questioned with his eyebrow raised, joining the conversation.

He, Kaine, and Kharisma were raised together so in the eyes of Amir, Riz was his baby sister. It was only right for an older brother to be overprotective and speculate whenever he saw fit.