Ten

Omniscient

Kharisma smacked on green grapes as she, Kaine, and Kai chilled in the kitchen, waiting for Victoria to get to the house so that they could get the information that they wanted. It was going on eight o'clock at night and she was just then leaving the shop.

When Kharisma told her father that she wanted to talk about him and her mother's overly confusing situation, he sent a message in their group chat, telling everybody to be at the house by eight.

He knew Kai and Victoria had work and he had a few things of his own to do so he wanted to make sure everybody had more than enough time to get there.

"Where is Kaydence," Kai asked, dipping her hand into Kharisma's ziplock bag and grabbing three grapes. Riz made a face at her sister for taking her food. The refrigerator was less than five feet away but Kai was just lazy after being on her feet all day.

Usually Kaydence would be running around the house, terrorizing everybody until he got tired enough to fall asleep wherever his body dropped. However, he was nowhere to be found.

"He got a field trip tomorrow so he went to sleep early," Kaine responded as he typed on his phone, remembering how many times his brother had told him about his grade's field trip to Kemah Boardwalk that Friday.

Kaydence even asked Kaine to help him pick an outfit and to remind Victoria to put two apple sauces in his lunch kit. The extra one was for his crush, Ashanni. Victoria would be chaperoning the field trip so Kaydence had plans of getting the two snacks on her dime as well.

A few minutes later the garage door was heard being let up, letting them know that Victoria was home. Not too many second passed before the alarm system announced that the garage door was open and then her heels were heard on the marble floors.

 Not too many second passed before the alarm system announced that the garage door was open and then her heels were heard on the marble floors

"You look good, ma. Why you so dressed up," Kaine asked before hopping off of the counter and walking over to give his mother a tight hug. Kharisma and Kai did the same before resuming their spots on and near the kitchen counters.

"I had a meeting with Balenciaga about styling models for a show next month," Victoria replied, sitting her black Chanel shoulder bag, keys, and phone on the island.

They were offering a fat ass check plus doing hair was her passion so Victoria would be a fool to pass up such an opportunity.

"Gone head, biiiih," Kaine applauded, causing every one who was present in the kitchen to laugh.

"Why is everybody in here like we're having an intervention," Victoria questioned, noticing how uncomfortable her kids seemed once their laughing died down and the room got quiet again.