Getting To Know Each Other...or Not?

Beau Mirchoff as Chase "CJ" Foxx
CHAPTER 6

Dear Diary,

Uhm... How do I start my story? It all happened during the lunch period. Since I don't usually go to the cafeteria, (well I went there IF I forgot to bring me foods which my mom prepared or IF they served an edible french fries with Mayo dip which is one of my favorites) I usually hang out on the library reading my book in solitude or in one of my favorite spot in the campus which is under the tree where I usually sat idly listening to my favorite playlist and just think things freely.

Being a loner doesn't mean that I don't have 'acquaintances'. There are some that approach me to start a conversation but being me, it became awkward. There is Sarah Kim which is half Korean, some nerd named Elliot Johnson which is in my English class and others like me which falls on the 'second category' which I appreciated but I just love to be left alone because I don't know how (and what) to start a convo. But with Chase, everything is different. You know...different!

I was humming Wake Up by Coheed and Cambria when someone snatches my left earphone.

"Hey!" I angrily look to the person who destroyed my peace. And who else, brown eyes meet blue-gray eyes again. And guess what? I didn't notice that he sat next to me and we are sitting side by side together with our shoulder brushing with each other.

"Hi! Did you take your lunch already?" He asked while stuffing the earphone at his right ear.

I just nod my head and as I was about to snatch my earphone, he snatched my hand to avoid me in reaching it. I immediately snatched my hand from his grasp because I felt tingles from my hand crawling up to my body. I ducked my head to hide my face because I know blush is evident.

"I did not know that you listen to this kind of music." He did not say anything on my sudden reaction and if he was about to, he let it slide.

"You did not know me." I said lowly but he caught it and replied, "Yes I know, that's why I'm here." Then he smiled.

"So, we can solve it by playing 20 questions. Come on we can hit two birds with one stone." He immediately said the last sentence when he looks at my expression. I was about to decline his proposal.

"And what is that two?" I mumbled.
"We can get to know each other and then we...can hang out longer." He quipped. I hesitated at first but decided to went for it, so I nod my head. I screamed internally with happiness and my heart start to beat faster.

Chase: "What's your favorite color?"

Me: "Blue-gray, I mean blue and gray." I hastily replied with a stutter. See, what I mean? I tend to embarrassed myself easily. But he went on to my relief.

Chase: "Mine is black, blue and red."

Me: "Favorite food? Mine is anything that is edible." I mumble, then a loud laugh coming from him startled me.

Chase: "Mine too. You know what, I know that you're different." he beamed at me showing his pearly white teeth. Holy cow! My inner fangirl is in an uproar!

Me: "Different good or different bad?"

Chase: "Different good! I hate girls who toyed with their foods...you know, the carrot sticks- veggie salad-low fat drinks kind of girl.. " then he shrugs.

Chase: "Fave artists or bands? Mine is Good Charlotte, Chemical Romance, Green Day, and a lot more."

Holy shit! Again my inner self screamed loudly on the fact that we have in common. So far we like food and music.

Me: "A lot actually. As long as it is soothing in my ears and I can sing/hummed their song I'm hooked."I cracked a small smile at him and I heard him gasped.

Chase: "You know what you should smile often. You look more beautiful." He smiled at me revealing his cute dimple in his face. Fangirl alert! Before I can say anything he asked again. "Name some bands/artist please."

Me: "Coheed and Cambria, Maroon5, Owl City, Matishayu, The Chainsmokers, Boys like Girls, Faber Drive, Little Mix, umm..solo artist like Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Charlie Puth and so on and so forth. Actually a lot, it depends on my mood. I also loved the bands you said earlier." I half smiled again.

Chase: "Wow! You like music huh!?" I nodded my head.

Me: "What song is on your number 1 playlist? mine is Secret Love Song by Little Mix. "I grab my headphone from him and put it in my bag.

Chase: "Hey, I also love that song. Mine is Closer by The Chainsmokers ft. Haley. "

He looked at me with those blue-gray eyes of his and our eyes met. I feel like drowning and I can't take my eyes off of him. I told you Diary that his eyes will be the death of me. He looked at me intensely and I can't read his emotions well.

He looked me in the eyes down to my lips and the next thing he did is tucked my hair in my ears and caressed my cheek. We never take our eyes off with each other and we are oblivious of our surroundings. I saw that his head is lowering down to mine slowly and the next thing I know we are inches apart. I can easily kiss him if I just tilted my head upward. His minty breath is fanning on my quivering lips and his eyes are zeroed on it.

A shill of the bell woke up our trance and the next thing I know, we are bolted apart away from each other. He, massaging his nape and me fanning my face due to embarrassment. Then another bell shilled in our surroundings. I heard footsteps and the next thing I know I was falling.

I opened my eyes and look at my surroundings. I am back in my bedroom, Cole is standing in front of my bed glaring at me and I fell from my bed. Then the realization hit me... IT WAS ALL A FUCKING DREAM!

Abby

* * *🐰

How was it? The names of the bands are actually my favorites. The number one song in my playlist is Closer by The Chainsmokers (I felt gaga over this song). Please vote, comment and share or follow me. *wink* Thanks, guys!

Lany