Realization

Chapter 10

Dear Diary,

   The reality is sinking in. I realized that my life will never be the same again, socially I mean. These past weeks seemed to be the evidence that I am talking to you about.

    Last Wednesday,  when I parked my truck next to a shiny red Camaro, I internally felt pity to my baby car because of its upbeat exterior,  imagine Mater in the movie Cars but less rusty and not a tow truck but an old bettle,  yep,  that's my baby you're thinking about. It's not that bad though,  my father see to it that my car is in good shape for me to use and not fail me on the road. Mater is a hand-me-down car.

  I mean we can afford to buy a car but I want it to be a fruit of my labor. I want to buy my own car and my parents don't mind taking Cole to school since it's on their way to their office. Did I tell you that my mother is a nurse and my father is in real estate business? We are not poor but we are not rich either.

   Back to the Camaro, the owner came upfront and joined me in looking at our cars.

  "Damn, are you sure your car can still go places? Is it safe? It's as if it belongs to a garage than be driving to and fro." The owner of the Camaro said playfully at me while I internally groaned knowing who it came from.

  "Bro, I love Mater. So shush your mouth." I said to him while rolling my eyes.

  "Come here. Hug your brother you pitiful princess. And Mater from Cars? You named your car appropriately." He nods his head repeatedly while I rolled my eyes again at our playful banter but hug him nonetheless. Then I saw him approaching us.

   "Abby? Alex?! What... Why.. Why are you in each other's arm? Why are you hugging her?" Chase said confusingly at our situation.

   "Bro, I'm hugging my sister from another mother and father." He said it in a 'duh' tone.

   "Huh?" He is definitely confused as he stared at us blankly and gazed at me to Alex and back.

  "Confusing I know but it's true. See you guys around." I just wave my hand and hurriedly went to my locker. I just heard them bickering childishly as I enter the building.

  The next day, during my Literature class Ken (one of the best friends), came to sit beside me before the class starts.

    "Can I sit beside you?" He smiled at me sheepishly and looking at the chair next to me.

   "Sure." Was all I said because I just felt awkward. I know what you think. Why I was warm towards Alex and not to others?

   Because Alex is different. He has a brotherly aura in him that unleashed my talkative and childish behaviors and my God he also loves Disney movies so who wouldn't? He makes me laugh, rant all I want and we connect. I feel at ease in his presence similar to Coles'.

    "Ahm, I didn't realize that we're in the same class. I just knew since last week. Don't take it the bad way,  I just.. Well.." he hurriedly rambled on and I stopped him.

  "I know what you mean. Don't sweat your self." I smiled timidly and looked at him,  really looked at him.

   Ken Andrews. The number 1 player in the school, his reputation proceeds him. Who wouldn't... 6'1, styled-blond hair, deep-set eyes, high-pointed nose, with an easy smile on his cute lips, paired with a nice body and a good midfielder in our football team. I think these are the reasons why the girls go gaga over him.