Forever

"They weren't really lies" mumbled Lian, the only one who apparently had the guts to say all the things that remained unspoken.

"No? So you have apprehended all the traitors then?" Her eyebrow raised skywards because she knew the answer. They all did. They had been speaking out of their asses, lying and lying because it seemed that was al they knew how to do.

Lie and scheme.

"You know we haven't, but we have confirmed that Jared is the one who let the prisoners out and we know who his accomplice is... so technically we didn't really lie,"

Oh so that's how they were going to play. They wanted to play to the technicalities. So because they knew who the traitors were they "technically" hadn't lied.

Well technically her ass.

They were omitting truths and in her book that was "technically" the same damned thing as lying. They had everyone thinking that everything was under control when in reality nothing was.

Jared had run off with the prisoners, Sonja included and the traitor that they refused to name was walking around camp as if she had done nothing wrong.

"Okay, so do you have the accomplice in a cell for abusing Zosia and arson" she was still calm, her words levelled as she just asked a few questions. Trying her hardest not to belie the anger growing within her.

"No.. Our speech was to let her know that we are watching" replied Ju-long his voice levelled and full of conviction.

Lian's back was against the pole as she expanded on her brothers words, "We wanted to scare her into thinking we were onto her which would encourage her to act quickly-"

"Which would lead us to them because she would be sloppy" interjected Blake.

Jana let their words sit for a bit, her lips pursed as she let it run through her mind. Her finger tapped along her chin as the awkward silence created tension in the atmosphere. Their plan was pretty thought out but it left too much to chance.

"Huh, so I guess it's okay to let an abusive sociopath wonder around the camp. The same sociopath who has constituted to Zosia's growing mental health issues. It's fine because we have to think of the bigger picture right" she hummed, her shoulders shrugging dismissively even as her derision coated every single syllable she spat.

"Well fuck that shit! I don't care about the damn bigger picture I care about Zosia and this goddamn pack! How can any of you be okay with this?"

She was fuming, fighting a loosing battle. She tried to keep her voice hushed for the sake of Zosia but it was so hard, so hard when her heart seemed to be the only one in the right place.

"We aren't!" Growled Blake incredulously. He had never liked Jana. From the moment he had met her and she had introduced him to her blade Slyvie they had never gotten along. It was no surprise that he would be the one to step to her, thunder on his face as his throat vibrated in anger. Well she could growl too!

She began to climb to her feet but Simeon interjected, forcefully pushing Blake back as he stood in front of Zosia and Jana. Then he was twisting to face her, his broad shoulders towering over her as he regarded her with darkening eyes.