Golden Lines

The moment their bodies separated her world crumbled around her, shattering as it tilted on its axis.

It was not fair

It was not fair that she could feel such bliss, such belonging in the arms of the same man who could bring her such bleak emotions of despair and rejection. It was not fair that the same hands that had split her skin, could rub her body until she was splintering and her soul was soaring to the moon. White light flickering beneath her lids as her being flew.

It was not fair that the same harsh lips that had twisted with words of derision could kiss her pain into oblivion until all she could feel was the sweet caress of tongues. Gentle touches replacing harsh words, it was not fair but life never was. No, life was not fair because if it was she would have never lost Jeremy to an untimely death, one that had always stood out as nothing but pure bad luck.

If life was fair Felicity wouldn't have been separated from her children and lost her husband in the same lifetime. Neema wouldn't have suffered under the hands of her mate and Vanya wouldn't have lost her parents, her mate, her husband. Zosia wouldn't have lost her mother and still bear emotional scars of an abuse that had long since melted from her body. No,
if life was fair there would be no poor, no weak, no sick, no suffering but it wasn't.

Life was balanced and unbalanced, give and take, take and take. Life soared and crashed, rolling in a circle until the lows felt like they eclipsed the highs, but then it would shift and you would be y soaring with the wind in your hair and the sun beating on your skin. Life was thunder and lightening but blue skies and sunny days, raindrops and monsoons and droughts and deserts.

Life was never the same and never fair. It just was

Just like their bond.

It just was

There was no scientific reasoning that could explain what she felt for him or him her. It just was. The bond was an entity of its own but also one of them. It bled and screamed for the joining of souls but it could not physically force it, the bond was a leech. Something that clung to your soul, weighing you down but not killing you because you were paramount to its survival.

It was a parasite but it was bliss. Pure divine bliss because the moment he slid into her body she felt whole. She felt completed even when the warmth of his essence dripped from her body and cooled along her leg. Even when they robed in akwaward silence, lashes covering their peering eyes as they debated whether to speak, look or touch.

The bond was bliss because even in that moment there was that feeling. That full feeling that had Simeon reaching out to touch her, tucking her wild hair behind her ears as he lead her back to their tent. Clothes discarded as he lay beside her in nothing but his underwear, holding her close while he listened to his daughters breathing.

The bond was bliss but it was not bliss that woke Simeon from his sleep, blankets discarded around his waist as he shot awake. Sweat glided down his back as the sharp glint of the moon cast shadows among them.

His ears twitched at the soft whimpering of his daughter who lay close to them but not beside them. His feet padded along the soft floor as he made his way over to her, stroking along her hair as he just stared at the child he had helped cremate in awe.

She was his, his aniołku, his little angel.

She looked so much like her mother, so sweet and pure and strong. She had a small upturned nose and little pouty lips, pale blonde lashes that were barely visible and milky skin decorated in light freckles. Her pale blonde hair was corded into two plaits as they lay around her face. Her cheeks pink with the sweat beading along her forehead.