Chapter 9

"Hey" Derek knocks on my bedroom door. "Hey, got hot chocolate?" "You know me so well!" I start to laugh as he does. "What are you watching?" He asks as he walks past my TV. "Oh, nothing just stupid music video's I made with my best friend Natasha when I was younger." He starts to laugh "You look so cute back then! What happened?" "Haha!" I hit him. "What are you guys doing!" He starts to laugh again "We're dancing!" I take a sip of my drink trying not to choke because I'm laughing. "You call that dancing!?"

We kept watching the video's until there were no more. "You should invite her over." Derek turns to me. "Oh, I don't know.....she's pretty busy owning her own music company, married to a famous singer, and two kids...... I just don't know." "Invite them all over! We have enough room." "Fine I will." I take another sip of my hot coco, that now cold so should be called cold coco. Then he's smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. "What?" I ask him. "Do it now! Call them now, while I'm with you or you might not ever do it!" "Really? It's 11 o'clock at night." "So!" He hands me the phone. I let out a sigh "fine!" I grab the phone. "What's happening?" He asks "It's ringing!" "Hi!" I act surprised. "Ya, it's Maddie" Derek starts to laugh and I put my hand over his mouth. "Is Natasha there Harry?" "Harry Styles!?" Derek asks. I just nod. "Great! Can I please talk to her?" "What's happening?" He asks again. "He's bringing the phone to her!" Then I put my figure to my mouth to tell him to shut up. "Hey Tasha!" I act surprised again. I kinda feel like an idiot. "I was just wondering if you wanted to bring your family over to my new place on weekend?" "What she saying?" I push Derek on my bed. "Yes! It's totally fine with Derek. Yes! This weekend works! Great see you then! Bye!" "This weekend?" Derek looks up at me from the bed. "Yes, and do you know that you like a four year old when there mom is talking on the phone?" "Whatever!" We both start to laugh.

I fall back on the bed. "Your a really good friend Derek!" I turn my head to look at him. "Your a good friend too!" he moves a bit closer to me. "Thanks, are you ready for tomorrow?" I ask him changing the subject. "What do you mean?" "Isn't your lunch with Len tomorrow?" "Oh, ya! I totally forgot!" "Forgetful one I see." I joke "where are you meeting him?" "Here!" Derek sits up. "I should change that." "Why? Just because I'm here?" "Well, I don't want him to get any idea's" I stat to laugh. "Are you kidding me? I think he already had ideas. You were my partner for everything, you offered me the job.....he totally already has ideas!" "Whatever!" He flops back down and sticks his tongue out at me. "Is it alright if I spend the night in here?" Derek asks me. "Sure go ahead, but one of us is sleeping on the couch." I point to the couch in my room. "Oh" He looks down. "I'll take the couch so you get a good night sleep for tomorrow." "Sounds good!" "Cool!" I grab a pillow, blanket, turn off the lights.