Chapter 11

"Maddie!" Derek bangs on my door at 6:30 in the morning. "What?" I scream as loud as I can to make sure he hears me. (I'm in the shower.) "We need to get going we only have five more hours to rehears the opening dance then we meet the stars we're dancing with!" I roll my eyes "great" I mutter under my breath. "I'm in the shower!" I shout again. "Well, get out and lets go!"

I finish washing my hair get dressed and run downstairs with my bag. "Got everything?" Derek asks as he's leaning on the front door. "Yeah." I reply all out of breath. "Don't forget your water!" Harrison runs up behind me and hand me my water bottle. "Thanks" I say with a smirk. "don't roll your eye's at me!" I point at Derek as I push past him to get outside. "Now, are you sure you have everything?" Derek asks as he shuts the door behind us. "Don't talk to me like I'm three!" I slam my car door shut. "I'm glad you learned how to work the doors." Derek smiles at me once he gets in the car. "Shut up! Drive!"

"Ok, guys no time for dilly dallying! we must finish this dance!" Derek starts screaming at everyone the second he opens the door. "Ready? Lets take it from the top!" I roll my eyes at Derek as I walk over to my begging spot. "He gets like this when he's not on schedule." Peta leans over to me. "Ya, I kinda figured that since he wanted me to get out of the shower with shampoo still in my hair." Peta starts to laugh. "So, you're a couch is Derek?" She asks "Am I allowed to tell you?" "Hell ya!" "Oh, ok, ya he is." "Cool so am I this year. Totally excited to see who my celebrity is. I kind wish this will go by really fast so I can just meet them." "You and me both!" We start to laugh. "Are you girls ready?" Derek gives us a knock it off look.

"Derek can we take a water break?" Val complains. "Fine you only have a five minute water break though!" "WHAT!?" I shout "That's b*llsh*t!" Derek looks me dead in the eye's "What did you say?" He starts to walk over to me. "I said, 'that's b*llsh*t!" "And why is it b*llsh*t?" He inches closer and closer. "Because, we have eight counts to finish in the dance before it's done and we have three more hours to finish it! We should at least get a 30 minute break." "When you become the boss, you can make the rules, but until then you listen to me!" His chest bumps with mine and then, he turns and walks away. "Five minutes everybody!" He shouts one last time. "Thanks for trying" Val pats my shoulder.

"That's it everyone! We finished the dance and it looks amazing! Now get a drink and chill out until the stars come! Oh, and I guess if you're not a couch you can go home." Everyone walks out and I see who all is a couch this year. I actually liked everyone who is a couch. There's Derek, Peta, Cheryl, Val, Mark, Tony, and I plus others. "I'm so excited!" I lean over to Peta, she lets out a little laugh. "Me to! I really want a Jo Bro!" "Really? Why?" I ask. "Because all of them are so attractive!" I shake my head and head over to Derek.

"Hey!" I lean on him and he nudges me off. "Can you maybe tell me who is my partner? Since you know, they're about to walk in?" He side glances at me "I know your joking! Plus you just gave me another reason not to tell you." I give him a confused look. "They're about to walk through that door, you'll find out."  "Fine!" I walk back over to Peta.

"Hello dancers, I mean couches." Len walks in the room. "Hi Len" we all say in sync. "Are you ready to meet your stars?" He point to the door. The room goes silent. As soon as we heard people walking in the hall we all looked at each other. The door burst open and all the stars start walking in. Nick Jonas, Peta saw him and squeezed my arm.  Then walked in Kevin McHale, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Bieber, Reba McEntire, Cameron Diaz, Ellen DeGeneres, LeBron James, Louis Tomlison, Johnny Depp, and Bruno Mars. All amazing stars! I can't wait to see who I'm pared with. Of cores if  I got my way I would be with Kevin McHale or Bruno Mars. "Are you guy's ready?" Len asks we all shout "yes!" "Ok, Derek step forward, meet Jennifer Lawrence." He walks up to her and gives her hug. It was weird cause it felt like something got crushed in me when he did that, but whatever I'm a hormonal girl probably meant nothing. "Peta, Nick Jonas." She turns to me lets out a little squeal and runs over to him. "Cheryl, sorry for the height difference but LeBron James. Val, Reba McEntire. Mark, Cameron Diaz don't break her!" He raises an eyebrow at Mark. "Tony, Jennifer Aniston. Maddie," Oh yes! He finally said my name but, there's one problem. I could end up with Johnny Depp, Louis Tomlison, or Justin Bieber! I don't want them! "Maddie, I hear your a big glee fan." "Yes" I swallow my spit that was gathering up in my mouth. I bet he only brought up the fact the I like glee to say 'oh, well, I guess you're out of luck. You're partnered up with Justin Bieber!' I can see it now. "I'm happy to say that you're partnered up with Kevin McHale." "Cool!" I walk quickly over to Kevin. Then Len continues on "Jill, Johnny Depp. Marny, Louis Tomlinson. JJ, Ellen DeGeneres. Alice, Justin Bieber. Ally Bruno Mars." We all now have stars. "Congrats to everyone!" Len looks around the room. "You now have an hour to get to know your star. Make it count cause on Monday we start rehearsal! Everyone has to be out in an hour! Go!" Len then walks out of the room.

"Kevin" Kevin puts out his hand. "Hi, Maddie" I shake his hand. "I love you on glee, the Dancing With Myself number you did...wow, it made me want to become a better dancer." He lets out a little laugh. "Thanks. I hear your the newbie this year." I smile "yeah." "Yeah, which means you better work your a$$ off so we can be the winners this season!" I start laughing which makes him laugh. "I like your attitude kid!" I say to him "kid? I'm older than you!" That's when I felt the ice break. It felt like we've known each other for forever. We just started talking for an hour and telling each other about ourselves well the other groups started to practice techniques. "Hour is up!" Derek shouts "pack up!"