Chapter 21

We walk in through the front door and litterally flop onto the couch. "I don't want to move...." I say to Derek without looking at him same. "Same, it's been a long and stressful day. This is where I'm staying." Then with our luck the phonee rung. "I'm not getting it." I sick down into the couch even more. "Neither am I!" Derek crosses his arms. "It's your house though." I can tell he's giving me a look, I didn't want to look. Then I feel him get up "Hello? Oh, hi doctor. Sorry what?" Then Derek drops the phone. "I can't believe it." He stares off into space. "What?" "We have to go back to the hospital!" Derek grabs my purse and heads for the car. "Um, ok, coming!"

"Doctor?!?!" Derek sees him heading into Harrisons room. "We don't think he'll make it through the night." "Why?!" I bardge into the conversation. "We don't know what the problem was or is. We can't medicate someone with medication when you don't know what medication to give them." "No! He can't die!" I get all up in the doctors face. "He's the family I never had! He can't be taken away from me!" I grab his white coat. "Maddie, calm down." Derek takes my shoulder and slowly pulls my hand off of the doctors coat. "We feel the same way. Trust me I want to kill the doctor right now because I don't think he has a clue of whats hes doing." He leans to look at the doctor. "No offense." The doctor nods back him "none taken." "But, since he thinks we only have one night we ned to make it count."

"Hey, guys!" Harrison says weakly. "Oh, hey Harrison!" Derek lets go of my shoulders and walks over to his bed. "How are you feeling?" He asks "fine, to be honest....." I turn to the doctor "why does he feel fine? I thought you said he only has one more night." I whisper so Derek and Harrison wouldn't hear. "He's on a medicine where he can't feel the pain." "Maddie?" Harrison reaches out for me.