Chapter 10

"Morning!" Derek startels me so bad that I flip off the couch and land on the floor. "What the hell Derek!" I stare at him from the floor. Then a smile broke out on his face and the smile turned into a giggle, which turned into a full on laugh. "What?" He couldn't talk so he pointed to the mirror. I look in the mirror and my hair looks like a birds nest. "OMG!" I rush into the washroom and fixed my hair. "It's not funny!" I hit him a pillow. "Yeah, yeah it was!" "Shut up!" I smack the pillow on the bed and walk down into the kitchen.

"What was all that rucuas about?" Harrison handed me a plate with eggs and bacon on it. "Don't even get me started!" I rip a piece a bacon into two. "Ok, then." He turns back to the pan he was cooking from. "Maddie, it wasn't that bad!" Derek walks into the kitchen "you looked cute." He smiles and I stick out my tongue. "Um, not sure if this a good time or not to tell you that Len will be here in an hour." Harrison imtrupted us. "Oh! Sh*t! Thanks!" Derek rushes back upstairs. "Wasn't Len supossed to come for lunch?" I ask Harrison. "Yes but Derek has a class today so he decided to come for brunch instead." I nod so he can see that I understand.

I pass Derek as I head back into my bedroom to get changed. "Len's here." I bump my hip into his. "What?!?!" He rushes back into his room dropping his toothbrudh out of his mouth. "Ew!" I think you forgot something!" I point to the toothbrush. "Thank you!" He picks it up throws it on his bed and starts to head downstairs. "Um, Derek?" "Ya?" He wips his head back around. 'towel!' I mouth to him. "Right!" He runs back into his room. I can't help but to laugh.

I grab the book I'm reading and relax on my book nook beside the window. Sometimes I would look up and out the window and see if I can try to make out what there saying but, it was usless. Then Len saw me. We litteraly locked eyes. It shut down my whole body for at least 20 seconds, then I quickly turned back to my book. Len did not look impressed.

"How'd it go?" I attach to Dereks hip when he walks through the back door. "Good, a little shocked with who he picked but, whatever." "Are you a couch?" I stare at his neck because I couldn't see his eyes. "Uh, ya." "Thats good! You like doing that don't you?" "Yeah." "Do you even know what stars everyone is matched up with?" "Yes, and NO!" "But why?" I whin like a little baby. "Because, it's imformation that I can not share." "Fine!" I cross my arms and stomp upstairs.

"Can I come in?" Harrison knocks on my bedroom door. "Ya!" I scramble to find the TV remote to turn off the TV. "What's up between you and Derek?" "Oh!" I start to laugh. "I was just kidding around with him about some stuff todo with the show." "Oh, well he's pacing back and forth in the main hallway downstairs mumbling to himself 'should I tell her? Should I not? What happens of I do? What happens of I don't' you should go talk to him." I let out a sigh "fine! I'll go talk to him!" I slip out from under the covers and out into the hall.

"Derek!?!?" I shout from over the rail. "Maddie?" he walks over to the stairs. "Listen" we both say at the same. "I'll go first." Derek starts to walk up the stairs. "Wait! I really think I-" Derek cuts me off "please listen." I just stand there and nod. I didn't think it was worth arguing. "You were right, I can tell you there's no reason that I can't trust you. So here it goes you're matched up with-" "Derek! Please stop!" I cut him off. "I don't want to know, you're right I will just have to wait like everyone else. I'm not anymore special than anyone else, so please don't tell me." He smiles "ok, but don't you hate surprises?" I start to laugh "yes, but I guess it's something I have to get used to." He walks up the rest of the stairs and we hug it out. "Your a good friend." He whispers in my ear. I just smile and hug him a little tighter.