Chapter 26

I wake up, jump in the shower and then it hit me. We're barring Harrison today. He's truly gone, forever. I dry my hair and lightly curl it. I do my makeup the 'no makeup' makeup. Then I put on my outfit and meet Derek downstairs. "You look pretty." He says "Thanks, you look nice as well." I reply to him. He looks back down at what he was wearing. He was wearing a dark grey dress top and black dress pants. "Are you ready to go?" "As ready as I'll even be...." I take in a deep breath and follow him out the door.

We get to the service and we stand next to each other greeting family and friends. After we were done out visiting Derek and I went to say our last words to Harrison. "There's nothing to say," Derek starts "well nothing you don't already know. We loved you with all our hearts, and you're supposedly in a better place now so, I hope that's true. Maddie? Anything you'd like to say?" "Um" I step up to the casket. "You gave me this necklace because I was the girl who made your life whole again." I grab the necklace. "You were like the father I never had, well you know that. Um, I don't know what else to say expect that I want you back. But, I know this might be weird to say but, this experience made my life a little bit better I learned that not everyone leaves me." I grab Derek's hand and put my head in the crook of his neck. "So in a way, thanks for opening a bit. And last but not least, I love you Harrison." "Yeah! I love you Harrison!" Derek repeats after me.