Chapter 13

One minute I was kissing Logan and the next everything is black.  I could still hear the reception noise around me and we were being led somewhere, but I had no knowledge of our destination.  I was all turned around and couldn't tell if we were being led out the front door.  I could feel the chill from the freshly fallen snow.  A jacket was draped over my shoulders.  There was something familiar about the scent that now surrounded me.  It smelled like Colin.  What were these guys up to?  I didn't really know if it was really them or not because no one was talking, which is highly unusual for these guys.  Logan held onto me.  I certainly didn't want to lose the one person whose identity was known to me.  I heard what sounded like a vehicle door being opened and then we were guided into a seat.

I decided to break the silence.  "Colin, what are you guys doing?" 

Silence.  I could hear and feel the vehicle start.  It seemed larger than a regular car, so I was guessing some sort of SUV.

"Colin, I know it's you, Finn and Robert.  Where are you taking us?"

"How did you know?" a muffled voice replied.

"Any why do you have on those gorilla masks?  Everyone already knows who you are," Logan replied, chuckling.  "Is that your own disguise?"

"You can see us?  I thought you were blindfolded," a third voice chimed in.  It sounded like Robert.

"Nothing gets past these two," another voice said.  Even through the mask, Finn's accent was distinctive.

"Then you can go ahead and remove these silly blindfolds," I requested.

"Where's the fun in that?" Robert replied, his voice now unaltered.

He must have removed his mask.  At this point, the masks didn't matter to me, I was with my boys once again.  Maybe they were taking us on one more adventure.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?" I asked Logan quietly.

"I'm guessing there was another conclave.....with scotch involved," he replied.

"Touché, Mr. Huntzberger.  When isn't scotch involved?  But where are we going?  I don't want people to worry about us," I said, worrying about the guests who just witnessed three guys in gorilla masks kidnapping us from our reception.  I don't recall any reception noise being out of the ordinary and the boys aren't known for their subtlety or stealth.  Maybe they had arranged it ahead of time?  Thoughts similar to this kept circling in my head, trying to make some sense of the situation.

"I'm sure we have nothing to worry about, Ace.  We are safe amongst friends.  Have these guys ever steered us wrong before?"

"Well.....I can think of one time in particular...." I replied alluding to the trip to Costa Rica during Logan's senior year at Yale.

"Besides the one ten years ago, we've always been in capable hands.  Let's enjoy our wedding night adventure, Mrs. Huntzberger," he said, holding me just a little tighter.

I smiled, leaning forward to find his face, and kissed him.  I liked the sound of that.....Mrs. Huntzberger.  I realized this might be one of the last big adventures we can take with these guys.  Soon, I'll be as big as a house with this baby.  From what I've read, I'll only get more tired and basic activities will become challenging.  Even after the baby is born, these kinds of spontaneous trips would be extremely difficult.  I let myself relax and enjoy the ride.

After what felt like an eternity with the blindfold on, we came to a stop.  Had we arrived at our destination?  The engine was off and it sounded like the boys were exiting the vehicle.  The door nearest to me opened and a hand touched mine to assist me.

"Be careful, Love.  We don't want you getting hurt!  You're carrying precious cargo!" Finn cautioned.

"Thank you, but I think this would be safer if we removed the blindfolds," I replied.

"Not until we're inside.  We don't want to spoil the surprise," Robert chimed in.

We awkwardly make our way out of the vehicle and into whatever building we are at.  It was far warmer inside.  The jacket I had been given was removed from my shoulders.  Finally, the blindfold was removed.  The light was bright after the prolonged darkness.  I struggled to make sense of my new surroundings.  I held Logan's hand as we both looked around the room.  There was a familiar feeling.

"Where are we?" I whisper to Logan.

"I think..." Logan was cut off before he could finish.

"Lady and gentlemen," Colin began.

"Who are you calling a gentlemen?" Finn interrupted.

"Are you aware of information that which I am not privy?" Robert inquired.

"I think he was referring to us," I said to them.  I couldn't believe they had brought us back here for our wedding night.  It was a wonderful surprise, although a bit unorthodox.  Then again, these guys have never been conventional.  It was bittersweet in that this is where we also said good-bye to one another after that perfect night together and our baby was conceived here.

"As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, welcome to this fine establishment!  In a moment, you'll be escorted to your room to retire for the evening.  I'd like to take a moment to thank you for choosing the King's Head Inn on your wedding night.  I really need to change the name; it's far too British," Colin said.  "Then again, I don't really need this place.  Anyone want an inn in New Hampshire?"

"Colin, let the lovebirds go about their business," Finn interjected.  "Rory, Logan, let me show you to your room."

Finn ushered us toward the stairs.  We followed him up to our room.  He opened the door to the same room Logan and I shared that night two months ago.  I was about to step inside when I felt Logan pull me back.

"Not so fast, Mrs. Huntzberger," he said as he swept me off my feet to carry me over the threshold.  I wrapped my arms around his shoulders to keep from knocking us both over.

Once in the room, he lowered me gentle until my feet touched the floor.  We were finally alone for the first time as a married couple.  Somehow it felt different, yet the same.  Logan stood in front of me with his arms wrapped around my waist.  Mine were draped around his neck, as if we were dancing, but we were standing still.  We just looked into each other's eyes, smiling.

There was a knock on the door jolting us from our world.  Logan goes to the door to see who's there, but it's just a small cart.  He wheels it into the room and closes the door.  There's a card next to the bucket containing a bottle of some sort.  The card simply says, "The Huntzbergers."  There were also two champagne glasses.  I'm guessing the bottle isn't champagne given my current condition.  Logan pulls out the bottle of sparkling cider, opens it and pours us each a glass.  He handed one to me.  Glass in hand he intertwines his arm with mine and puts his glass to my lips, just like my first Life and Death Brigade event.

After a small drink, Logan took my glass and returned both to the tray.  He put his hands on my cheeks and drew my face in for a passionate kiss.  I let myself sink into his body as he wrapped his arms around me.  I pulled him to me and we made our way to the bed.  We made love.  It was beautiful, tender, and passionate.  After, we fell asleep in each other's arms.