Chapter 16.5

I woke up before Rory, ordered some breakfast, and grabbed a quick shower.  I hoped she'd be awake by the time it got here.  I wasn't sure what she'd be in the mood for, so I got a little bit of everything.  About 5 minutes after the food arrived, Rory emerged from the bedroom, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Good morning, Ace!  How did you sleep?"

"That bed has some sort of magical sleeping powers!  I feel so refreshed and ready to explore.  Mmmm....this is delicious," she said with a mouth full of food.

"I'm glad you are enjoying yourself and that you're all rested up.  I was worried about what the jet lag would do to you with the pregnancy," I replied.

"So, I was doing some research on the flight here, and I came up for a plan for today.  I didn't have time for buying the necessary books to properly plan, but I did what I could with the resources available to me."

As she said this, I recalled all of the planning and research she had done for our Asia trip after I graduated from Yale.  My father had other things in mind, thus cancelling the trip.  I desperately wanted to bring her with me to London, but I needed to get settled in my new role with HPG. 

"Ok, what did you have in mind?"

"Well, I thought we could start with the Kunsthalle Hamburg and move to the Chilehaus for some shopping and lunch," she said.  "Then we can finish the day with Chocoversum Schokoladen Museum.  The baby is craving some chocolate."

"I'm ready when you are, Ace," I replied.

"Oh, I still need to finish eating and take a shower," she stated.

"Sounds good.  I could use another cup of coffee myself."

I got myself another cup of coffee.  The jet lag was lingering, but a little more caffeine ought to appease the body.  I ate a little more food and felt myself starting to perk up.  I went into the bathroom, thinking Rory should be done with her shower soon.  I grabbed a robe and towel on my way in.  I waited patiently for her to be done.  I wrapped her in the towel, and while she dried off, I readied the robe.  She slid into one arm and then the other.  I took the ends of the belt and pulled her toward me.  I put my arms around her waist, pulling her closer still.  It felt so right to have her in my arms.  I kissed her gently, but I couldn't hold back anymore.  I wanted more of her, and began kissing her more passionately.  I wanted her more now than I did that first time in her dorm room.  The burning desire overtook me, and I was lost to her once again.

After, we were still tangled in the covers and each other.  I could hardly believe that we were back where this chapter began, and we were husband and wife.  On top of it all, we were expecting our first child and it excited and frightened me, yet, I found a sense of calm amid the chaos.  I couldn't think of any place I'd rather be.  I saw Rory seemed to be lost in thought.

"What'cha thinking about, Ace?" I asked softly.

"I was thinking about the journey we've taken.  I'm still in disbelief that we are married and on our honeymoon.  I fell like we are right where we are supposed to be," she replied.

"I can't believe it's real myself.  I've dreamt of this since Yale, Rory.  I never wanted anyone else.  It's always been you.  When I said you were special at your grandparents' vow renewal, I meant it," I said, kissing her on the forehead.

"I don't know why I ever said good-bye to you.  I've always loved you, Logan."

"I love you, too, Ace.  Now, let's finish getting ready and hit Chilehaus for some shopping and lunch.  I'd like to see Kunsthalle, but I'm not in the mood for it today, if that's ok...."