Chapter 25: You and Me

He stands in awe at me as if I had just shattered his heart and I wouldn't doubt that I had. "Why Riley?" I huff. "Because I'm not meant for this Evan. I'm a low life who doesn't get to have a life like this. Don't you get that. No one likes me. They all think I'm a crazy little girl holding on to a dream of a relationship that probably isn't really. They believe your sneaking behind my back and even in front of my face but I'm so hooked on you and this life style that I couldn't care less. My life wasn't good before you but at least I was unnoticed Evan."

He cups my face. "Riley screw them. I know who you are. I know that you're the best thing that's happened to me in awhile. I know you're not dumb and I know that you aren't like these normal Cali girls. You don't want my money. You couldn't care if I lived in my car. You love me. So stand here and tell me that what you want is to walk away from me."

I frown. "Evan you're right I do love you but I'm scared that one day you'll think that it's okay to do what they expect of you. I don't want to see you with someone else. I'd rather break my own heart than watch you shatter it." He kisses me and I let him. "Ri I will never ever do that to you. Screw every last person who thinks you're not good enough because they haven't seen you through my eyes. Screw every last person who thinks I'm gonna treat you like crap because I have money in my pocket. Baby girl I love you with all my heart. If you need sometime to think I'll be more than happy to take you home but I need you to hear me out."

I nod. "Breaking your own heart means you break mine too. Whether you believe it or not I really love you and if you walked away from me I wouldn't give up. Because you are they only person I want to be with. Sure those girls in bikinis are pretty but you Ri you're different. When I see you it's so much better than anything they have to offer me."

He kisses me once more. "I'll be waiting on you downstairs." I sigh seeing him walk away. I sit on the bed. I pull my phone from my pocket and dial Ashes number. "Hello?" I sigh. "Hey Ashe I just have a quick question." I hear here hum. "What does it mean when my boyfriend tells me that I'm the only person he wants to be with?" She pauses.

"We're those his exact words?" I nod but remember she can't see me. "Yes." She sighs. "Riley I don't mean to get personal but it's important. Have you..." I laugh. "No Ashe we haven't." She laughs some too. "Then keep him sis. That boy is truly in love." I smile. "Thanks Ashe." She hums again. "No problem kiddo." We hang up and I make my way down the stairs with my duffle bag.

When he sees me he turns to me and I set my bag down on the kitchen table. "Evan...I would like to go home." He sighs nodding. "Also..." I step up to him and he touches my cheek. "Everything will be fine baby girl. I promise." I nod hugging him. When I pull back I grab my duffle bag and before I know it I'm flopping down on my bed. I huff.

Ashe was right. I loved this man and he was really sweet and caring. I think maybe I should listen to him. I mean who cares what people say. I pick up my phone sending him a text. 'Evan can we talk please.' It's a little bit until he replies because he knows I hate when he texts and drives.

'Of course baby girl.' I take breath replying. 'Will you still love me even if people talk about me and put you down for dating me? Would you still choose me if people talk to much?' He doesn't answer right away and judging by the length of his reply when I get it I assume that's why.

'Of course I will still love you. I'll always love you. I don't care what people think about me Ri honestly. You aren't a bad person and if people weren't so hateful maybe they could see that. Baby these people are jealous of you. They want what we have but I won't let them pull us apart. As for choosing you, Riley I will choose you until I the day my heart gives. You are my everything Ri. It's not a choice to me it's a given. I'll always choose you over any girl any day. 😘'