Chapter 34: I promise

I sit with my knees in my chest in the passenger seat of his car. He won't let me have my ring just yet and I'm so anxious I'm chewing on my lip. "Baby? Don't do that." He says pulling my lip from my teeth. We stopped at a stop light and other than the light being red I'm not sure why. The streets were empty to say the least.

"I'm sorry. I'm anxious." He smiles but only now am I starting to see it's fake. I touch his cheek. "Evan..." He sighs. "And I'm scared." I stare at him in awe as he returns his attention to the road pulling off from the stop light. "Why are you scared? Is it because of me?" He smiles at me and this one's real. "Is it ever because of you baby girl?" I smile blushing some.

I don't ever think to ask him where we are going but when we pull up to my house it all makes since. "Evan..." He kisses my cheek. "I'm gonna do this right Ri." He gets out and I follow. He knocks on the door and Ashe answers. "Hey guys! Come in." We step in and she motions to the bag that Evan has in his hand. "What's that?" He takes my hand. "It's the reason we are here." She looks at him funny. "Can we sit?" She nods. She takes a seat and so do I. He takes a breath and I reach out to take his hand. He smiles softly.

"What's going on?" Ashe asks looking between the two of us. "It may just be easier to just do it." He says reaching into the bag pulling out the two small boxes handing one to me. I set it gently in my lap waiting for him to go first. "Riley I love you so much. I want to promise you so many things. I promise that no matter how bad things get I'm here. I promise I'll always love you and I promise to never give up on you." I smile as he pulls the ring from the box.

"You will always mean everything to me and I promise to spoil you until I run out of money or things to buy." We share a laugh and he slides the ring on my finger. It was just a small black crown ring that I adored. I smile sigh. "Evan I love you more than any of my words will ever explain. I promise to always stick by you and support you even if the idea is dumb. I promise to never leave you to face something alone but most of all I promise you will always be my everything."

I slide the ring on his finger kissing him as I stand. We actually forget Ashe is there until we bear her speak. "What the hell just happened?!" We laugh pulling apart. "We got promise rings." She shakes her head. "You two are something else. I swear but congrats." We smile. "Oh and by the way when you go back to school you will now be doing all your school work here because both the principle and I agreed it isn't a safe environment." I huff. "But what about Evan."

She ruffles my hair as she walks past me. "He's a tough guy kiddo. He can handle himself." I frown whining some. "Hey don't you worry first thing everyday after school I'll be here. I bury my face in his neck making him shake some. "It's not the same baby." He bites his lip. "What do you want me to do Ri?" I shrug whining. He pulls me closer. "Hey don't you worry about me. I made my promises to you and I'm keeping them. I can handle myself babe. It's you I'm always worried about. If something happened to you I don't know where I would be or what I would do." I pull back from his neck softly.

"I love you." He hums kissing me. "I love you too." I kiss him back feeling him pull me closer which wasn't possible so I smile against his lips. "Riley Abigail!" I turn because I didn't think we were doing anything wrong. "Dont you think about leaving again. Stay." I smile. "You miss me sis?" She rolls her eyes. "Who would miss you brat?" I roll my eyes and Evan laughs.

"Well if you don't miss me, Evan and I had plans to go out for breakfast." She laughs. "Spending all his money already?" I fold my arms. "No..." I turn to Evan. "Do I?" He shakes his head. "No baby and even if you did I wouldn't mind it." I frown. "So that's a yes." He kisses my head. "Baby..." I shake my head. "No you know you blow money on me all the time without me know or asking."

Ashe laughs some to herself. "Ri and I told you..." He says and I huff rolling my eyes. "Whatever." I step away from him into the kitchen and Ashe is washing some dishes. I pull an orange from the fridge and he takes it from me. "Why are you doing?" I fold my arms. "Eating. Or would you rather I starve because I cost too much?" He huffs. "Ri..." He backs me against the counter. "Just leave me alone Evan." I try to push past him but he fights me back and I'm not strong enough to win. He has ahold of my wrists and I'm staring up at him.

"Baby stop. Please. Let me take you to eat." I shake my head. "No the last thing I need is you taking me to some fancy restaurant where you spend a buttload of money that I feel bad for afterwards." He kisses me dropping my arms to cup my face. "Baby girl don't you understand that I don't care. I don't want you to feel bad for spending money. If it makes you feel better you can give me a daily budget. I don't care honestly. What good does money do me if the only person I get out of bed for isn't happy?"

I stare breathlessly up at him. "I'm the only reason you get out of bed?" He nudges his nose against mine. "Ri when I thought I lost you I didn't move for a week. I forced myself to get up to go to the bathroom but other than that I just laid there. Hell I thought I'd never get up until you called and I was so happy. People make mistakes but you Riley...I'll never regret you." I wrap my arms around his neck. Hiding my face in the crevasse like normal. He snaps his arms around me.

"That was beautiful." I hear Ashe say and she startles me so I pull back looking down at my feet. He lifts my face. "You are so beautiful." I hum. "You already won Evan you can stop sweet talking." He kisses me. "I mean it." He leans into me. "I would explain but I'd rather not in front of Ashe." I blush nodding with a smile. "You're right." He smiles. "Come on let me get you some real food." I nod. "Ashe are you coming?" He says wrapping an arm around my waist.

She turns. "Sure. If you're offering." It's not long until we are leaving and he takes us to an IHOP. He take a finger full of whipped cream and wipes it on my nose. "Hey! Now you get to lick it off." I was joking of course but he leans in licking it off the tip of my nose. I push him away.

"Ew Evan. I'm not kissing you after that." He leans in and I fight him but he corners me pressing his lips to mine. I hum pulling back. He hands me a napkin and I wipe my nose off and my mouth as well and he glares letting it go but only because Ashe is there. She sighs.

"I'm gonna run to the restroom." We nod and once she's gone he corners me again. "I seen that." I swallow. "Seen what?" He smirks. "You wipe off my kiss. Do you not like them anymore?" I bite my lip. "Of course I do baby. I only tease." He smirks before dipping his face into my neck latching his mouth onto my skin making me sigh. "Than I will too." I try to push him back but I just pull him closer instead. When he pulls back I whine pleading with him but he just smiles and I see Ashe come out the restroom.

"Sometimes I really don't like you." He rubs his thumb across my cheek. "Baby girl I know you don't mean that." I roll my eyes. "What makes you so sure?" He smirks. "Fine. You don't love me. Does that make you feel better?" I kiss him. "No because I do love you." I say and he bites his lip. "Baby girl I love you too." Ashe flops down in the booth. "Gosh why don't you two get a room."

I roll my eyes. "We will once we drop you off." She looks at me in awe. "Hey baby sister don't think I'm okay with that whole subject. I just don't argue because I know it won't stop you." I frown. "I'm sorry Ashe." She reaches for my hand. "I'm still very proud of you it's just I would rather not talk about it." I nod. "I understand." She smiles.

"Are we ready to go?" We nod. We slid out of the booth and head for his car. I slide into the passenger seat and Ashe gets behind me. He climbs in taking my hand in his. I hum as he stares at me. He starts the car and we head back to my house. When Ashe gets out I don't move. She leans her head into my window.

"Look kiddo. Be safe. No matter what you're doing okay." I roll my eyes. "Of course Ashe." She kisses my head. "Love you." I smile. "Love you too." He waits for her to get inside before kissing me. "Should we get that room now?" I hum. "No I think we've had enough of that kind of fun. Take me some place. I don't care where. Some place far but not to far. Take me away." He smiles humming and he's really close to my face. "You got it babe."

I lean my head back shutting my eyes feeling him kiss my cheek before pulling off. Making me smile. Away we went. And that's what I loved most. He was like my own living imagination. I didn't need to get lost in my thoughts because with him a getaway was just a few words away. I loved this and I loved him. More than anything.

Enjoy. I may not write for a little bit or at least post because think I either fractured or broke my wrist. I have to go to the doctor a little later so please be patient. Thanks. ❤