Chapter 41: Ultrasound

"Evan..." I whine. He sighs. "What babe?" I smile poking his nose before curling into him hiding my face. He hums. "You're adorable." I peek out at him and he pokes my nose. I giggle some and he just stairs. It's Saturday and it's been four days since Evan took that day off. We were cuddle up on the couch together and I wasn't really watching the movie he put in.

"Hey you don't get to poke my nose. I get to poke yours." He rolls his eyes. "Fine." He kisses it gently instead making me scrunch my face up. "Better?" I hum. "Yeah." He wraps me in his arms. Things have been better lately. I don't feel panicked anymore because he's always checking in on me. Constantly. I love it. The thought that he cares means a lot to me.

"Baby girl..." I hum and he scratches at my scalp. "Are you up okay?" I nod. "Yeah I'm just fine. But let's be honest, I'm not watching this movie." He smiles. "Me either." I cuddle in to him. "It's cold Evan." I wore one of his smaller grey long sleeve T-shirts and my favorite pair of jeans. "I'm sorry baby. Please tell me you aren't getting sick." He touches my head and I feel the cool piece of metal.

"Nope. Thank God." I play with my ring. "When are we getting married?" He kisses me. "When ever you would like. You said the word and it's done." I hum. "I love you. Boy I'm so lucky to get everything I want with the snap of my fingers. You're so amazing to me." He kisses me. "I love you babe and you are so much more amazing. If anything I'm so lucky to have found you. Without you I'd be trying to find another girl while the one I just left is crying. You've improved me." I frown.

"How many girls have you hurt?" He sighs. "Countless..." I sigh. "You better not..." He pulls me up to straddle him as he lays flat on the couch. "No baby never. Don't you worry you're pretty little head on that." I cover my face sobbing softly. "Whenever I would wake up I was always so scared. Maybe you wouldn't come back. Maybe I was the girl you ran to after your one night stands. I felt like maybe I was the one who broke all those girls hearts. Like for some sick reason you couldn't let me go but you couldn't let them go either." He pulls my hands from my face.

"Baby girl I swear to you that's not true. None of that happened. It's not you're fault. It's mine. I hurt them and I regret it now. Baby I left but I always came running back. No matter how far away I was, I was always thinking about you. Stop crying before you hurt the baby. You know what being upset can do to it. Please... I'm sorry. I never meant to make you feel this way." I sob but he has my hands. "I'm sorry Evan. I'm just overrun by emotions. I was just so scared I'd lose you."

He leans up capturing my lips in his. "You will never ever lose me Ri. I've lived in fear that one day you'd realize that I'm a sorry piece of crap who doesn't deserve someone as amazing as you or even this baby." I smile pulling his lips back to mine letting my tears subside. "Maybe not. Maybe after everything you've put those girls through you should never find love." He frowns and I smile kissing him softly.

"But baby we chose you. We love you. You did come back every day. I watched the love that appeared in your eyes every time you came home to find me. Even if I was just shoving my mouth with food you always used to look at me with that lust that I just knew you couldn't fake. You genuinely loved me and that is what got you this family. Not me but that fact that you allowed yourself to love even when no one else thought it was possible. You always speak about how lucky you are but I'm nothing special to be honest. You on the other hand are handsome reach and to me one of the sweetest men I know. Yeah you've made mistakes but everyone has. I don't fault you for that but you chose me. I'm not happy with your life decisions but honestly I got myself pregnant so I cant really talk."

He kisses me. "Baby as sweet as all this is, you're ranting. I don't mind though, you can talk as much as you like. I love you and I am to blame for this baby as well but we will be fine. So we're young. We have control of this and I won't let any harm come to you. One day I'm gonna make up for these lost days that I have to leave you for school. I'm doing this though so that you won't have to worry you're pretty little mind on money or how to take care of this kid. Things will be fine baby. I promise." I smile softly running my fingers through his hair. "You're going to miss everything though. The ultrasounds. The baby's first word and when it walks. I want you there for that."