Chapter 32: Caught

It's been so long since I've just let the world take me over. Since I've let the sunlight hit my skin and just wonder what got me out of bed that morning. Why has it been so long? Because of Evan. I've never had time to think. He's always the thing that I wake up for.

He's everything to me. But I miss the old days when it was me and my thoughts conversing amongst ourselves. My thoughts pull me from reality but now that reality isn't that bad I'm fine with living in it. Evan makes it bearable. "Hey Ri you'd look really good in this." He says biting his lips holding up a pair of black lacy lingerie.

I roll my eyes pushing him. "Yeah right Evan like your worth that much effort." He pouts like I hurt his feelings. I twirl in the maroon skirt that was high on my hips. I wore it with a black and white top with a small black jacket over it. I even wore Evans gold necklace he gave me with it.

"You would sleep with me no matter what I am wearing as long as I offered." He pulls me closer. "Because your just so hot babe." I push him away. "Hey don't try to sweet talk now you had your shot." He frowns. I kiss him gently before pull away from him completely.

"Come on there's nothing here for me." He nods placing the hanger on the rack taking me hand and hand out of the store. He knew that when I smiled it was because of him and he loved knowing that. I loved how he's my best friend not just my boyfriend.

I mean he's always there for me no matter what. If I'm down he'll drive to my house just to cheer me up even if he's not getting anything in return. I've never had a friend like that. He touches my face as we stop in a Bath and Body Works shop. "Ri?" I smile softly touching his hand. "Just thinking Evan. Don't worry they're good thoughts." He kisses me.

"They better be. I don't want you sad anymore okay? Something is wrong you tell me." I hum pulling his hand from my face to lock our index fingers together. "I promise Evan. Nothing to worry about." He smiles kissing my head. "Okay. Come on." I follow him into the store looking around. "This perfume is very expensive." He rubs his hand up and down my back. "Baby you know I don't mind." I smile. "I know but I don't think any of these perfumes are better than the cheap ones." He smiles setting hid nose on my cheek. "It's whatever you want Ri." I sigh. "I think I'll pass Evan."

He hums. "Then where to. We've been to ever place in the mall. We've made a complete circle." I frown. "I guess it's time to go home then." He kisses me. "I hope by home you mean back to my place." I smile. "And what if I don't?" He shrugs. "It's more private at my house but Ashe said stay with me so I'm attached to your hip today. It's wherever you want to go." I hold my stomach.

"Food sounds nice Evan. Let's start there." He smiles. "Sure. Come on." He takes me to a little food place in the mall and we get some burgers sitting at a table. He throws a fry at me and I laugh throwing it back. All of a sudden this little girl who must be about two, steps over to me. "Hey!" I say getting down on her level. "Can you help me find my parents?" She asks rubbing her eyes. I nod picking up. "Sure. Where did you last see them?" She point over to a Nike store and me and Evan head over.

When we step in I assume her parents are the ones talking to the security guard. "Excuse me ma'am." She gasps. "Eva!" I hand her to the woman. "Thank you so so much!" I smile. "It was no problem. You have a smart little girl." They thank me again before I take Evans hand leaving.

"Babe that was very nice of you." I smile. "I just really love kids." He bumps into me. "You want one someday?" I blush. "I've always wanted a little girl. But that's a long ways ahead of me." He stops taking my hands. "Maybe I'm out of line for saying this and I'm sorry if so but when you're ready I'd like it to be with me." My mouth drops open. "Did you just say that you want to have a kid with me?!" He scratches his head. "Only when you're ready Ri. It's stupid...um...forget I said anything."