Chapter Twenty Three

I was sitting on the couch with my laptop. Em's upstairs doing whatever 10 year olds do. Thats when I heard a car horn honk. I spread the curtains and saw an SUV parked in the driveway. The window of the passenger seat opened and saw Milly waving at me. The back seat window opened as well revealing Niall watching something very intently on his phone.

The door bell rung. I got up on my feet and opened the door. Rachel stands there with a bright smile on her face. I've taken her outfit that she's ready for the game.

"You're not wearing that to the match are you?" She said with a chuckle eyeing my outfit from head to toe. Let's just say I haven't planned on changing into something daylight worthy.

"I'm not going." I say simply with a shrug.

She scoffs, ignoring what I just said. "Yeah right."

"Yeah, I'm not. It will be just another game where men kick filthy balls, shove each other, trip each other to the ground and hitting each other's faces with a ball."

"One of those men will be Louis. Don't act as if you don't want to watch." She said and rolls her eyes.

"He'll understand my dislike for football." I say with a shrug.

"Seriously? Thats your excuse? Well then," she says as she pulls me in the house. "Picture this. Half time. He's been pushed, tackled, hit with a ball in different places," she wriggles her eyebrows and I gape at her, elbowing her on her ribs.

"Anyway, he's out of breath. He calls for a time out and he limps to the bench. The coach is begging his, ordering, him to stay in the game for the next few minutes but he says he can't anymore. That's where you come in. He looks at you while you sit on the bleachers with a worried look. Sweat running down his forehead. Just the look of hope on your face gets his spirits back up and he gets back on the field-"

I slap her arm. I can't contain my grin as I lean on the wall.

"You and your imaginations, Rachel." I say.

"It could happen. I don't think you get it but Louis has never really looked at a girl like he does to you ever since...." She trails off and shut her mouth. I raise my eyebrows at her and took a step forward. A big one, actually.

"Since what?" I ask her and he gently shakes her head.

"You know its really none of my business. And its a long story." She says.

"I've got time. You can tell me."

"Time? The game is in an hour!"

"Who says I was going?" I ask her sternly.

"Then I won't tell you since you're not going. It won't matter anyway." She says and tries to walk out but I grabbed her wrist and pull her back.

"I'll be ready in ten."

When I ran upstairs, Holly's there sitting on the top of the staircase with her phone. I don't really trust her so I get Karen instead. I tell her to watch over em for a little while and she quickly agreed. Em wasn't really happy about it. She was frowning when I went in her room.
Just as I took a step out the house, Holly was in the way.

She glared at me as I walk pass her. Rachel pushes me in the car and we drove off once she was in.

The stadium is packed and I can already feel my chest tightening. I follow the group and took a seat next to Rachel. When Louis' team came out, I immediately saw him in the middle. He's practically standing out since he looks very much younger than most of them. When the stadium announcer's voice boomed through the speakers, I flinch.