Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

I heard chattering coming from my dorm as I walked down the halls. I have the clearest schedule today and I'm thankful for that. Only Alanna and I have a free schedule, or at least as far as I know, in the building. It's normally quiet here so it's odd to hear chattering coming from our dorm.

When I opened the door, I saw Alanna with another girl sitting on the desk but the girl's back is turned towards me. I dropped my bag when the girl turned around...

Carrie.

"Oh, hi, Meg! I thought you'd be with Perrie and Milly" Alanna asked. My eyes didn't leave the grinning Carrie infront of me. She's in my dorm room. Fuck.

"It's Thursday, Lana. What is she doing here?" I ask her. I don't care if Carrie is right in front of me!

"She's your friend in high school, isn't she? We talked for a while and she seems really cool so I brought her up here. Did you know she's from Australia?" She asked me, clearly amused. I don't think she'll be anymore amused if she finds out Carrie baits men to her ship.

"she could've been a serial killer, for crying out loud! You can't bring strangers in our dorm like this!" I merely shouted.

"But she's not a stranger, she's your friend." She said in a nagging way, pointing at Carrie who looks just as innocent as ever. It's sickening.

"Meg, we have reunion to go to.. Remember Maddison? Yeah well she sent me this invitation so we can go to the reunion tonight. It's not far from here" Carrie says enthusiastically with a bright smile.

God, if you didn't know how devious she is like I do, you'll be fooled to think that this girl is some sort of angel sent from heaven. Sadly she's a devil in disguise.

"What kind of reunion?" I ask her.

"High school reunion. Everyone loves them." She says with a light chuckle.

Ah, a high school reunion after 5 years. How lovely is that? I get to see the faces of my nightmares. Only this time it won't be a dream that's so easy to escape. This is going to be real.

"Oh! That sounds fun! You really have to go Meg!" Alanna Beams, gripping my arm and shaking me.

"I don't have to, geez." I say pulling my arm away and sitting on my bed, taking my boots off.

"It's a reunion after 5 years, people change, Meg." I look up at Carrie who has that devilish smirk plastered on her face. Now there's the real Carrie.

"We're not allowed to go off campus on Thursdays." I say, kicking my boots under the bed and changing into flip flops.

Alanna bursts into hysterical laughter while pointing at me. "You're a horrible liar." She says, calming herself.

"Really, you don't have to lie." Carrie says putting a lot of emphasis on 'lie'. I look at her cautiously.

She raised her eyebrows like she's taunting me.
I know Carrie better than her little angel act. She's evil, pure evil. She plans to destroy people's lives including my own if I don't follow her. If I don't follow her, she'll find a way to tell Louis how much of a screw up I was in high school.

"I'll take your silence as a yes." Carrie says, pulling out a brochure-ish object from her purse and hands it to me. "I'll come by at 6 and we can head off. See you later. And don't wear a sweater, Sunshine." She reminds me before walking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know you look kinda hot, Meg." Alanna says, staring at me from head to toe. I elbow her in the ribs before putting the eyeliner down. It's hard to say no to Alanna's persuasion. She even attempted to throw all my stuff out the window if I didn't. It's funny and ridiculous but she'll do it.