Chapter 10

FLASHBACKS SHOWN IN ITALICS

One and half month before

"Please di.....don't cry....Aarav must be busy with his friends" Arnav pacified his crying sister while the whole family surrounded their Anjali bitiya.

"But he always informs me if he's going out for the night! It's been two days Chotte. He hasn't called for two days! Even his friends are unreachable!" Anjali cried.

"Di, you know that Aarav and his friends go for film late night. They must be tired and taking rest!" Khushi said.

"But Khushi ji....he never does that. He always calls me. I'm getting scared. What if something has happened to him?" Anjali said in tears.

"Di, nothing will happen!" Arnav assured and signalled Khushi to come out of the room.

"Did he call you?" Arnav asked. Khushi nodded no. She said, "Even I'm getting worried Arnav. Aarav never does this! He always informs di or me, no matter what!"

"Where is this boy?" Arnav muttered. It was then Khushi's phone rang.

"It's Aarav!" she cried in joy and took the call, "Hello Aarav, where are you? Why didn't you call us? Do you know how much di is worried? You....."

"Maasi.....I need to talk to you....." he said in a tensed tone

"Aarav, kya huva? Why are you tensed?" Khushi said.

Arnav snatched the phone and shouted, "What is this Aarav? Where were you? Why didn't you call your mother? Do you have any idea how much she is worried? Be responsible Aarav. This is not the way you should behave!"

"Arnav ji, calm down. Let me talk to him!" Khushi said tried to get the phone but he didn't let her.

"Now, call di...NOW!" Arnav said.

"Ok ASR. I'll call her now!" Aarav said and cut the call.

"The nerve of this boy!" Arnav muttered.

"He was tensed Arnav ji....he has something to say!" Khushi said but he walked away angrily.

Khushi looked at Arnav sleeping beside her. She silently sneaked out of the bed and walked to the poolside. Taking her cell, she called him.

"Maasi...." his voice greeted him.

"What's the matter?" she asked directly.

"Woh.....Maasi, please don't scold me....main...."

"SAY IT!" she said sternly.

"Woh Naina.....Naina is....."

"Will you tell me the matter? What happened to Naina? Did you both have a fight?"

"No"

"Then?"

"Maasi, for the past three months, we are living together" he said in a breath.

"WHAT?" she asked.

"Ha....at my flat...main...."

"You both are in a living relation?"

"Yes"

"Ok fine. But why are you telling me this now?" she asked frowning.

"Aren't you angry that we're in living relationship?"