Chapter 14

"Mahi is such an intelligent girl. She learnt sign language within 2 days!" Aarav exclaimed at dining table, "Even I took a week!"

Everyone laughed and Mahi lifted the non-existing collar of her frock and said, "Sign language is so nice. I loved it. Now me and Naina didi talk more freely haina didi?" Naina smiled and nodded.

"Waise I'm going to mami's house tonight and will be staying over!" Aarav said, "I haven't met her in these two days! Why didn't Manav come here?"

"Bhaiyya's friend is staying at home. She is ill and so bhaiyya didn't come" Mahi said.

"She? Who is this she?" Aarav asked.

"Ritika. His junior!" Anjali said.

"Ok but as far as I know Manav....he never have any girl friends....I mean he never gets friendly with girls!" Aarav said.

"Ritika was returning home when she was attacked by some goons. Manav got her home. Her parents are away so Khushi ji asked her to stay there till she gets right!" Anjali said.

"Oh...ok...we'll meet her too!" Aarav said.

"We?" Payal asked.

"Ha...I and Naina, we both are going to mami!" Aarav said and everyone nodded.

Anjali looked at her son who was sitting before her and the girl sitting beside him. Something told her that there is something more between her son and his friend. She looked at Aarav who smiled at Naina and who smiled back. There is something more in that smile.....she looked at them both and then looked down at her plate. Closing her eyes tightly, she said in her mind, "No...This should not happen. Aarav and Naina....this can never happen! They cannot be together!"

"Where is Naina?" Khushi asked Aarav.

"She is with Manav!" Aarav said as he sat down on the bed of Khushi's room. Khushi sat beside him and said, "Don't worry Aarav. The whole family would accept Naina!"

"But mami....will they understand us? Naina cannot speak. You can say that it doesn't matter but it matters a lot. If badi mami (Mami ji) comes to know that I love Naina and want to marry her, do you think she is gonna agree? No matter how much she loves me, her stands won't change!"

Khushi sighed and said, "She would agree. I promise you that! We all there with you Aarav!"

Aarav sighed and said, "I'm just afraid of Akash chachu and badi mami. Both of them are tough nuts to crack! After Riya was born, Akash chachu has turned into a Hitler. Don't know why he changed but that's the truth – the day Riya came he suddenly changed!"

"Responsibilities of a father, my dear!" Khushi said laughing.

Aarav chuckled and said, "At least I'm safe at my mother's part. Mamma would agree, I'm sure. But I don't know how she'll react after hearing the miscarriage part!"

Khushi said, "Di is really broadminded. She would understand!"

"Mami, isn't it time? We should disclose this to the family! And your relation with ASR would mend!" he said, "He is under the impression that you've an affair with NK and went to Shimla with him while in real you went to Shimla to talk with Naina's family. I was talking with you from NK chachu's phone and you said I love you while ASR thought you are talking with NK chachu."

"Aarav you needn't bother about mine and Arnav's relation. I'll work it out. You just relax!" Khushi said.

"But mami, you're suffering because of me!" Aarav cried.

"Nahi Aarav...."

"Yes it is. You both are suffering. The whole family is sad just because of me!" Aarav said.

"Stop it Aarav! It's not because of you! Arnav and I are never separated!" Khushi cried.

Aarav stood shocked.

Khushi gasped realizing what she said.

"What did you say?" Aarav whispered.

Khushi gulped not knowing what to say.

"Chotte"

Arnav was working on his laptop from poolside when he heard his di's voice. He looked to find her standing before him.

"Di, sit down!" he said and made her sit beside him. "What happened di?"

"Chotte....I want to find a perfect bride for Aarav" she said.

"What?" he cried shocked, "Bride for Aarav? But he is just 23!"

"So? We can get him engaged!" Anjali said casually.

"Di what has gotten into you? Is this an age for marriage? He needs to complete his studies, get a job, be settled and then we should think about getting a girl for him!" Arnav said.

"I'm afraid he has already got one!" Anjali said.

Arnav sensed the disappointment in her tone and asked, "What happened di?"

"Chotte, don't you think something is going on between Aarav and Naina? I'm sure, they are in love and I cannot let that happen!" Anjali said.

Arnav was thunder struck. "Why di? What is the problem if he loves Naina? Why did you say that you won't let that happen?" he cried.

"So I'm right! You knew that they are in relationship!" Anjali said.

"Nahi...." Arnav said, "Woh, I noticed their closeness but I thought they are best friends!"

"They are not! I can see the love between them!" Anjali said. "Okay fine!" Arnav said, "You can see the love between them. Then why can't you accept them?"

"Because Naina has a disability! She is a dumb!" Anjali said, "I cannot let my son marry a dumb girl!"

"Di!" Arnav cried, "How can you say that? Naina being a dumb is out of question here. If Aarav loves her and she love him back, then they'll marry!" he finished firmly.

"Never!" Anjali stood up, "Aarav will never marry that girl!" she said angrily.

"If her disability is the matter then don't forget this di that you also have a lame leg!" Arnav said angrily and stood up.

Anjali looked at him shocked and Arnav realized the slip of his tongue.

"Di..." he said slowly and Anjali said in tears, "This is exactly why I don't want my son to marry a disabled woman. When I was 18, my marriage was fixed. What did people say? They pitied on my groom, said that he is greedy for money! When Shyam married me, they again pitied Shyam. And if Aarav marries Naina, he'll also face the same. I don't want my son to face that. I don't him to be a laughter piece in society! I want everything perfect in his life. I don't care whether he loves that girl or not but I will not let him marry that dumb girl! This is final!"