Chapter 7

JADE

It has been a hectic week but now it's Sunday and it is Zayn's birthday and he invited the girls and I to his party he'll be holding.

Ever since the night I hung with Harry, we've gotten close. I honestly felt nothing more than a certain love of friendship for him. Cher didn't see that. It's clear she's into him and she really doesn't like me anywhere near Harry.

Perrie and I were currently shopping for something to wear to the party. We had dresses at home, but since we've not really ever been to a big event, the dresses didn't suffice.

"How about this one?" Asked Perrie as she held up a strapless satin dress. I had just gotten my dress at TopShop, but Perrie had yet to find her pick.

"Yes that is the one." I said. I just wanna go home.

"Great I'll get it." She squealed and ran to the cashier.

 "Um excuse me are you dating Harry Styles?" I turned around to the voice and saw a girl who was about 17.

"What? No. We're friends. I don't like him like that. Why you ask?" I answered with confusion.

"Well I saw you guys go out one day and your a back up dancer, I just wondered." She replied.

"Oh well, don't worry. There is nothing between us." I smiled.

"Alright. Thank you bye." 

"Bye."

"What was that?" I turned around and saw Perrie looking at me with a questioning look. "Oh just some fan." I responded.

"Oh...well lets go. The others are probably waiting and we gotta get dressed." She yanked me by the arm to the exit. We walked through the crowds of people and into the parking lot. Perrie quickly put everything in her backseat and we soon sped off to our complex.

"Are you using that?" Asked Janelle to Jesy. She was pointing over to an eyeshadow palette displayed on her dresser.

"No go ahead."

All of us were getting ready at Jesy's apartment for Zayn's party. It was a bit crazy in here since there's five of us and one small bedroom. Everything was spread out everywhere.

"And finished!" I exclaimed putting down the eyeshadow brush. I turned to look at the other girls and saw they were also finished.

"We look great!" Exclaimed Leigh anne.

"I agree." Said Perrie.

We looked around at each other once more before letting out barks of laughter. Turns out we've unintentionally color cordinated which seems to happen often. 

"Lets go!" Shouted Leigh and we followed her out the door and down to the parking lots. We spotted Jesy's car and all piled in and drove off.

"Want a drink?" Asked Harry. 

"No thank you." I shook my head. We were currently at the party and Zayn's house is pretty big I must admit. It was nice and modern yet some of the furniture gave the futuristic look a victorian twist.

The other girls were currently dancing with the guys. Once we came in, they immediately took drinks and walked to the dance floor to join everyone. 

"So wanna dance?" Asked Harry pointing to the floor where everyone was just going crazy. "Um sure." I nodded hesitantly.

I walked up to the space next to him and began dancing to c'mon c'mon.

"Aww c'mon. I know you can do better." Laughed Harry at my small dance. I was just swaying side to side, hardly taking my feet off the floor. 

I just started dancing as most people are but not as crazy. "Better." He grinned. I smiled back and kept dancing.

After dancing I was tired and just sat down on the couch. The girls were still dancing, but soon Jesy seemed to grow tired and sat right beside me.

"My feet are killing me." She groaned. I laughed and continued watching everyone. 

"Okay guys it's time for cake. Bring it in." Shouted the DJ.

 Everyone started cheering and they brought in a cake. It was like his ZAP tattoo but it said ZAYN instead.

 "C'mon!" Shouted Jesy as she dragged me to where the crowd was.

"Happy birthday to you." They started singing.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Zayn. Happy birthday to you." Everyone cheered again.

Zayn blew out the candles and then we got to cutting the cake. I stood back from the crowd, not wanting to bump into anyone and have cake spill anywhere. 

"Damn this is good. Here I got you one." Said Jesy walking to me. She handed me my cake and I thanked her. 

We walked back to the couch and sat down while everyone continued to dance. I continued eating my cake with Jesy by my side until something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

I turned my head and found Perrie and Zayn making out. Oh no.

"Woah, Perrie's getting it on." Jesy laughed.

"Yeah.." I mumbled.

"Seems like someone is busy." Said Leigh anne walking to us and pointing to Janelle dancing with Liam.

"Great." I whispered under my breath. 

Hours pass and the girls and I were headed home. 

"So Perrie. What was the whole kissing thing with Zayn?" Teased Janelle.

"It was nothing. Just the fact that he apparently really likes me and would like to go out with me sometimes." She replied with a sly smile.

I tried to contain my disappointment, but it was hard. I was worried that something might go wrong between them and things will end up taking a turn for the worst.

"Congrats." We all cheered. 

"What about you and Liam?" Asked Perrie to Janelle.

"Nothing we were just dancing." She shrugged like it was no big deal. 

"Nothing!? Girl it looked like more than nothing!" Exclaimed Jesy. 

"Yeah it really did." Agreed Leigh.

"Well it wasn't." Said Janelle.

Tonight was some eventful night.

A/N Sorry it took so long. I didn't mean for it to happen. If you liked comment and/or vote. Meanwhile you can read my other story. Just go to my profile to read.

Updated