Chapter 18

2 Weeks later

Jesy

We were given a two week break in between the tour and last rehearsal. In between that time, the girls and I had moved into our new home. Things were calm and we were at ease, eager to start touring the world.

"Jesy, hurry up! We're gonna be late if you don't come out in the next five minutes!" Jade shouted as she pounded on my bedroom door.

I scoffed as I finish applying a final coat of mascara on my eyelashes. I placed it down and opened up my door. Jade was stood there with an annoyed look and crossed arms.

"Chill, babe. I'm out." I mumbled and followed her to the foyer.

We were all heading to Chuck E Cheese as a treat from the boys from the hard work so far leading up to their biggest tour yet. Thought it was a bit strange knowing we're all grown ups going to a place meant for little children.

We dismissed the thought at games and prizes with the best prize of all, free food.

"Oh oh, look at this one." I showed them my phone and they all laughed. While we waited for our pizza, I showed the group an edit of Harry at the Brits. They all laughed and he looked over from the end of the table, already sensing we were talking about him.

"Ha ha, real funny, girls. Oh look, Pizza." He pointed to the men carrying one tray of pizza on each hand.

All of us took our belongings off the table so they could place it in front of us. Once they left, we all reached in and took at least three slices each.

I reached out for the Parmesan cheese as Niall did as well. I looked up at him with a determined look to get the bottle first. He reached out his hand further and tried taking it. Both of us started playing tug-a-war with it which caused it to open and get all over us.

Niall and I had shocked faces on but nontheless, laughed.

"Wow. You guys are so alike." Mumbled Perrie.

Everybody else agreed, but Niall and I just shrugged and laughed. Of course we had similarities, it was evident from the night at the party. 

"Hey after this, wanna play some games? Possibly go the playground?" Asked Niall shyly. I smiled at his bashful reaction and nodded.

"Yeah sure." I agreed. 

"Cool." He smiled. 

"Look. My pizza has pimples." Jade cutely interrupted. Everyone turned to her as she stared at her pizza and pointed at it with a big smile on her face. We all laughed and began eating.

I noticed Harry still staring at her with a slight smile on his face. I shook my head at him. He should make up his mind, it's he tries being her friend and talks to her despite Cher's claim or he just avoids her. 

I had finished my pizza and wiped my hands on a napkin. I turned to Niall who had stuffed an entire crust in his mouth. I just smiled and grabbed him by the wrist, yanking towards the games.

"First up, air hockey."

"Oh your on." Smirked Niall.

"Haha! I win!" I shouted in his face as I threw my hands up. Two of the dancers beside us, Lacy and Irma, laughed and continued playing their game.

I turned to Niall with a smirk on my face. He had an adorable pout which made my smile grow wider.

"No fair, I was distracted." He whined. 

"Well maybe if you didn't turn to look at the pizza each time the waiter walked by, you'd be fine." I replied, exasperated.

"What? It's good." He innocently replied. I rolled my eues.

"I know it is Niall." I teased. 

He just groaned. I walked to him and grabbed him by the arm, "C'mon pizzaboy. Lets go to the playground." 

I dragged him to the other side where the playground was placed. We entered through the slide coming into contact with a bunch of distraught toddlers. We laughed and continued up and split up, playing what we would call an adult hide and seek.

Really it was just a way to hide the fact that it was just the child's version of it played by grown ups.

As I was about to turn around, someone shouted boo and I screamed.

"Jeez Niall, you scared the living shit out of me." I grasped my chest. I could feel my heart beat uncontrollably. he laughed and placed his arm around me.

"Sorry. Hey since this place is a bit secluded from the rest, wanna hang here?' He asked.

"Sure." I nodded. 

We were sat in the little tube, a window was placed in front of us which gave us the view of everyone.

Jade, Perrie and a couple other dancers and Zayn were busy on the basketball game. Cher and Harry were racing. Janelle and Liam and Louis were playing skeeball. The rest were still sitting and eating.

"Jes."

I turned to look at Niall who already had his gaze on me. 

"Yeah?"

"You're beautiful you know?" 

I felt my face heat up and I looked back out through to the window. "Thank you, Niall. That's very sweet of you."

I turned to face him again. We held each others gaze for a couple seconds before he began to lean in. I felt myself move in as well.

Our lips brushed, but before I can press my lips to his, a bang was heard. I jumped and gripped my chest again as did Niall who let out a yelp.

"Time to go!" Louis' voice rang out. 

We heard him laugh before walking away. 

Louis (for the first time in forever)

I walked away from the playground as I laughed at the fact I had interrupted those two. I felt bad yes, but this whole thing was turning into a shit show.

I had kept to myself most times. Yeah, I made friends with the girls, but made sure not to get romantically involved. Already having a girlfriend of my own and knowing what would happen if I were to get involved, it was not something I wanted.

So I'm kept behind the scenes, watching everything unfold in front of me. Though I didn't dare say anything, not wanting to be involved in the mess that is the love lives of my friends.

We all met up at the entrance. Liam did a head count and we all walked out and went our separate ways into the designated cars we had came in.

Before Niall could go off into the car with Harry, I grabbed him by the shoulder. He turned around and smiled.

"What's up?"

I sighed, wondering how I can word this without sounding rude or hurtful. "I just want you to be careful with everything, Niall. I don't want you to end up like Harry. Having to go off with someone else to forge the feelings you have for the other person. Be sure Jes feels the same. Don't rush into it like Zayn or Perrie or Liam or Janelle."

After I finished, he just looked at me. I grimaced, wondering if I crossed some sort of line before he gave me a soft smile.

"Don't worry, mate. I'll be fine." He gave me a pat before going over to Harry who was waiting for him.

I just sighed and ran over to Zayn and Liam who were waiting for me.

"What was that about?" Liam asked as we got in.

I shook my head. "Nothing big. Let's go, lads. We gotta catch the game."

They looked at each other before Zayn started the car and drove us off.

Nothing big. 

A big lie.