Ep. 5 "Elimination 1"

FADE IN:

Monroe is head down on her phone totally oblivious to the fact that she's on camera.

PRODUCER: Monroe?

MONROE: What?

PRODUCER: Can you look at the camera and tell us about your beef with Albany?

MONROE: There is nothing to talk about.

PRODUCER: Obviously there is. Just vent to us.

MONROE: Okay, well Albany thinks that she's better than everyone but she's not. I don't know why she's always trying to upstage everyone because she knows she's a (expletive).
I really hope Daveed doesn't choose her because she's a good-for-nothing (expletive).

PRODUCER: (laughs) Okay, good talk.

"Hey, Y/N, just promise me you won't tell the rest of the girls about this," Daveed requests as your secret breakfast comes to a close. "I don't want them to hate you or me, you know? I really shouldn't be doing this but I just love being around you."

"I like being around you too," you reply with a smile. "Do you want me to help you clean up?"

"Nah, girl, I got it. You go before people notice."

You slide off of Daveed's California King sized bed and hurry to the door.

"Y/N."

You turn back to Daveed. "Yeah?"

"Did you think I was gonna have breakfast with you and not get a hug?" he asks, walking toward you.

You shrug shyly. "I don't know."

"Damn, you're cute," he laughs as he engulfs you in a bear hug.

You savor the warmth of his arms as he hugs you tighter by every second. He brushes your hair back and leans his head against yours. You squeeze his waist and listen to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. He hugs you for a good minute and a half.

"Daveed...?" Your voice is slightly muffled due to your face being buried in his thin tank top.

"Yeah?"

"I need to go."

"Oh yeah, sorry," he says, awkwardly clearing his throat.

You look at him but he looks away as soon as your eyes make contact. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

He nods and turns away from you while bringing his hand to his face. You become slightly concerned about him.

"You good?" you ask.

"Yeah...I'm-I'm fine," he replies, his voice shaking slightly.

Your heart sinks at the sound of his voice. He wasn't fine but you don't pressure him for answers. Leaving him alone sounded like the best decision at this point.

You go back to your room and get ready for filming. While applying your makeup, you think of answers to the questions the rest of the girls might ask you.

I was having alone time in the backyard. Yeah. That sounds good.

"Knock knock, boo! It's your girls Ty and Monroe!" Ty calls as she knocks on your door.

"It's open!" you call back as you admire your reflection in the mirror.

"Ready for another day of Daddy Diggs?" Ty asks skipping into the bathroom with you. "I know I am."

"I think he likes you, Y/N," Monroe says as she takes some mirror selfies. "He was all over you last night."

"No, he likes Albany," you say, thinking of Albany's annoying actions from last night.