Ep. 21 "Step Up"

FADE IN:

Albany looks at the non-existent watch on her wrist and rolls her eyes.

ALBANY: Um, I have somewhere to be. Can we get this over with?

PRODUCER: Right. So tell me about your point of view on your relationship with Daveed.

ALBANY: Things are going really well. He has some issues with...

She trails off.

ALBANY (CONT'D): (whispers) Does Daveed watch these?

PRODUCER: He doesn't watch the show. Why?

ALBANY: Oh. Well I was going to say that he still has some issues with his dead girlfriend that he needs to get over, right now. This Stephanie (expletive) is dead and gone. I'm here now and I'm sure I'm ten times better than her!

PRODUCER: Daveed said that Y/N resembles Stephanie. How do you-

ALBANY: (laughs) (Expletive) that (expletive)! Y/N means nothing to me.

PRODUCER: She's definitely competition, Albany.

ALBANY: Don't say my name, oh my god.

PRODUCER: But you can't deny that Y/N is competition.

ALBANY: I wish Y/N would've gotten in a Ferris wheel accident.

PRODUCER: But then Daveed would be hurt.

ALBANY: At least Y/N would be dead.

You're almost tempted to throw a mini party for Albany's temporary absence. For a few hours, you don't have to worry about her ruining anything. You have the house all to yourself. Well, with Soccer.

"Let's try our movie date again," you say as you scoop the adorable little dog off the floor.

After popping popcorn, you search for a movie to watch yet again. While scanning the DVDs on the shelf, you come across one labeled "Hamilton".

"This should be fun," you mumble to yourself.

You feel bad for invading Daveed's space but your inner fangirl couldn't help it. You put the disc in the player and take a seat as it loads.

The first seven beats of the opening song plays and you gasp audibly. This can't be what you think it is.

"How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman..."

It's a recording of the entire musical.

"Soccer, why didn't you tell me about this?!" you exclaim.

He doesn't respond.

"And the world's gonna know your name! What's your name man?"

"Alexander Hamilton!" you half yell. "My name is Alexander Hamilton! And there's a million things I haven't done! But just you wait! Just you wait!"

"What the hell is going on in here?" Monroe asks, peeking into the room.

"Hamilton," you reply as Phillipa Soo  begins singing.

"Maybe you should leave the singing to the cast."

You roll your eyes and focus back on the screen. Monroe sits next to you and eats some of the popcorn almost like you two are best friends. As she goes back to get another handful, you slap her hand. She gives you a confused look.