Ep. 14 "Confession"

(The following footage was obtained by hidden cameras)

Rafael taps Daveed's shoulder and mouths "I need to talk to you". Daveed excuses himself from the group of children he was entertaining and follows Rafael to a more private location.

"You need to do something," Rafael orders.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Y/N. I know it's hard for you, but do you want her to find out on her own or do you want to be the one to tell her? I recommend the latter."

"I don't even know what to say," Daveed sighs.

"Well you better figure it out because people are catching on and someone might slip up and say something. You can't keep secrets forever, Diggs." Rafael gives his friend a reassuring look before walking away.

You hate to see the party come to an end. It seems as if everyone leaves as fast as they came. Before you know it, you're upstairs taking off your makeup and changing into your pajamas.

You take one last look out your bedroom window and admire the wonderful view of the backyard. You also admire the wonderful view of Daveed.

What could he be doing down there at eleven o'clock at night? He paces back and forth while taking sips of a drink he has in his hand. This scene worries you so you go outside to the backyard to talk to him.

"Hey, Daveed," you say as you close the back door behind you.

He jumps but grins slightly when he recognizes you. "Hey."

"You good?"

He nods. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me."

Daveed stares at you for about five seconds before a resounding sigh escapes his lips. "Okay, fine. Have a seat." He motions to the pool after downing the remainder of his drink.

You both sit on the edge of the pool with your feet in the crystal blue water. Daveed runs a hand over his curls before speaking.

"Do you want to know why I'm even on this show?" he inquires, looking you dead in the eye.

"Why?"

He pauses before opening his mouth. "About two years ago, I was dating this girl named Stephanie. We met on the set of Black-ish. She was a makeup artist but she never wore makeup. She had a natural glow and it was hard to stay away from her.

"After one date, it was history. Our relationship escalated very quickly and before we knew it, we were head over heels in love with each other. She was everything I could've asked for in a woman. I mean, she was beautiful, funny, sweet, and she handled being Daveed Diggs's girlfriend so gracefully. Steph was a dream. But then..."

His voice cracks and your heart nearly breaks at the sound. Daveed clears his throat and nervously plays with his hair.

"...but then one day she said she wasn't feeling very well. I was about to leave for a tour and I told her I would postpone it until she was feeling better but she told me to go anyway, so I did.