9

Next day, 5:40 p.m

Mollie was getting dressed to out with Ronald at six. She was nervous, she didn't do her hair yet, she brushed it leaving it down.

He told her to dress normal because they weren't going no where special. Just to the café in Baker, and after that they would go to his mother's house.

"You going somewhere?" Manny asked standing in the door frame of the bathroom. He watched her use a tooth brush to smooth out her long baby hairs.

"Yeah." She mumbled concentrating on doing her edges.

Once she was finished she applied carmex, grabbed her purse, checked herself over in the mirror then proceeded to the front door.

"Where you going?" Max asked eating a sandwich looking over his sister's choice of clothing.

"With De'Carla." She said opening the door and going out.

She turned the corner passing the rest of the apartments. They were all made out of brick which was Mollie's favorite type of outside structure. She passed by a white man walking a Mastiff bull dog mix. Mollie wanted a dog so bad but every time she asked her mom said she wouldn't take care of it. In all honesty, she would give all her attention to a dog.

She continued her walk passing right by De'Carla's. All her friends new about her little date with Rj so, they new if her brothers asked about them they knew the lie to stick with. Mollie was excited but nervous once she saw Ronald's car parked across the street.

"Hey my love." Mollie said opening the door and sliding in the passenger seat.

"Hey baby." He looking at her. He loved her hair pinned up, it showed more of her face. He liked looking at her face a lot.

He started the car and pulled off to the red light.

"So why are you taking me all the way to Baker?" She asked curious to the fact that it was 45 minute drive.

"Because the Café I'm bringing you to my favorite place to go to." He said in a duh tone. Mollie rolled her eyes looking out the window. He took his eyes off the road for a quick second looking at Mollie.

She didn't have a attitude it was just her face. She never smiled, unless you talked to her. Other than that you would be scared to approach her because she looked angry all the time. She didn't do it on purpose, it was normal. She hated it when random people or family members would tell her to smile.

His hand rested on her thigh gripping it. Her right jaw clenched as she shifted in her seat. Flash backs of them having sex ran through her mind. It made her cross legs and sink more into her seat.

"Can I turn on the radio?" She asked hesitantly. Mollie hated asking other people for stuff. If it was her mom or dad it was normal but other people it took a lot of courage to ask. Even though it was her boyfriend she wasn't just going to reach out and touch stuff in his car.

"Yeah sure." He licked his lips turning on his blinker.

Mollie turned the radio on and adjusted it to the station with less static. Beyoncé's voice sang through the car speaker.

She hummed, still not comfortable enough to sing around Ronald. Not like he would judge her because he couldn't sing his damn self. Mollie was trying to be perfect not realizing, Ronald thought she was perfect already. Everything she did was amazing and new to him.

He pulled into a parking space.

"Wait!" Ronald got out running to her side of the car and opening the door for her. She smiled blushing and stepping out.