21

2 weeks later, 4:40 p.m.

Mollie sat in the hospital bed eating ice chips. Her and Ronald were there to find out if she was going to have to be induced or not. She requested to be taken too the emergency room since the boys hadn't been moving at all. The doctor told her if something like that happened then to come to the hospital.

"Hey you guys." The doctor said after knocking and coming in.

"Well it seems we will have to induce you. Nothing super big isn't wrong, their lungs aren't developing right so in order to help them we have to get them out immediately." The doctor said checking her vitals.

"I'll be back and then we'll start." The doctor smiled before walking out.

Mollie looked at Ronald with a worried look. He was worried too but he had to keep it together so she wouldn't stress more.

"It's okay, our boys are coming we'll finally get to see them." Ronald said rubbing her stomach.

"I just hope they'll be okay after." She rubbed her stomach too hoping she'll at least feel one of their legs shift, but nothing. Nothing moved.

The doctor came back in with a nurse, while the nurse hooked her up the doctor explained to her about the situation she was in right now. It made her feel more at ease with some clarity on the situation.

"Should I call our moms?" Ronald asked once the doctor and nurse left. She nodded rubbing over the fresh IV that was in her arm.

She rubbed her stomach that was soon about to be empty so she cherished the moment right now.

"You need anything?" Ronald said while pulling up the bed from the couch knowing that this was going to be a long night.

"No." She said lowly while putting a pillow under her stomach and laying on her side, attempting to get some sleep.

Ronald slid in bed with her and began rubbing her side hoping that she would be able to get some rest. He knew that it was hard for her because she was worried, but he didn't want nothing more happening to the babies. So sleep was her best option right now.

-

"She's sleeping right now." Ronald warned their family members who were at the door. He stepped out to inform them on what was going on.

"But she was doing so good how could this happen?" Gem sighed.

"I don't know momma but I think sleep is helping her. I'm afraid she'll wake up and start stressing." Ronald said rubbing the back of his neck.

"I don't think it will hurt nothing now. She's soon to give birth." Miranda said.

Ronald led them into the room. Mollie was up eating ice chips. She had been sleep for about 45 minutes and now she was feeling it.

"Hey." Mollie spoke rubbing her stomach.

"How you feeling?" Miranda asked.

"I'm okay the contractions are just now starting. I'm just glad to feel them move a little." She smiled.

"Ronald go get the nurse." Mollie said. She was ready for all of this to be over with.

"Ready for your epidural?" The nurse came in pushing a little cart.

She nodded as Ronald helped her to the side of the bed. She held his hand tight as the nurse wiped her back down.

"Hold real still." The nurse said. Mollie braced herself as the needle penetrated her skin. It felt horrible, but she knew she had to stay still and suck it up.

"We'll be back in about 30 minutes to make sure it kicked in."

-

30 minutes had passed and now she was on the operating table. Ronald was right beside her rubbing under her chin like he always does. It soothed her.

She could feel the pressure in her abdomen. Soon they heard faint whines in the room.

"Baby B" The nurse said letting them take a good look at him. He was so small. With so much hair.

Another 20 minutes had passed and baby A was out. He was quiet for a minute but then started whining like his brother.

Ronald was so overwhelmed that a couple of tears slipped out. Mollie looked up at him with a big smile on her face.

This was now their life.

-

FINALLY 😩 It's a little rushed but there is more to come trust me.