16

next day, 11:25 a.m.

Mollie sat in the waiting room at the doctors office by herself. She was glad you didn't need an adult with her. Her leg bounced as her nerves got bad. It was a habit.

"Mollie Peter's?" The nurse called out. She got up and followed her through a couple doors to the back.

"Okay so sit here and I'll check your vitals then your weight." She sat on the stool as the nurse checked on vitals they were normal as usual.

"Well you're iron is low so, I'm going to give you a list of foods you can eat to help it get to where it needs to be." She wrote something down on her clipboard then led her to another room.

"Now just lay down the doctor will be in shortly." She assured then closed the door.

Mollie waited becoming anxious as she looked out the window which showed tree tops. She couldn't wait till it got cold, she had enough of this hot Louisiana weather.

Plus the hot flashes wasn't making anything better.

"Okay Mrs. Peter's I'm Dr.Gesn, I'll be doing your ultrasound today." They shook hands.

"Okay just pull your shirt up under your breast." Mollie did as told and she squirted the cold gel on her stomach.

The doctor rolled the gel along her stomach as she searched for the baby. It took her some time because she finally found a good spot.

"Okay so here is your baby. Okay just by looking at the baby you're 3 months and 3 weeks pregnant. Since we can't really get a good look at the baby maybe next time I'll be able to tell the gender." She assured.

"Actually I don't want to know yet. I want to have a gender reveal." Millie's explained not wanting to ruin the surprise.

"Okay well I'll just print out the pictures and give you the prescriptions. I'll be right back." The doctor left out the room and Mollie wiped the gel off her stomach and pulled her shirt down.

-

"I'm so excited." Gem said looking at the ultrasound pictures.

"Me too. I want to have a gender reveal party and I want you and my momma to plan it. You know, if you don't mind..." Mollie was still shy around Gem.

"Chile of course! I would be honored." Gem actually liked Mollie. Ronald's last girlfriends...not so much.

"Help me set the table. Ronald should be home any minute." Gem said pulling out table wear.

-

This one was soooo short, i just didn't know what to write.