Chapter 1

Name: Dara Park

Age:

Birthday:

Gender: Female

City:

Religion:

Dara scratched her head as she rolled her tongue inside her cheek thoughtfully. Is it really okay to answer all of this? It's too much of a personal information to give to the internet. She let out a deep thoughtful sigh as she stared at the screen of her laptop. To be honest, she really doesn't know why she's doing this. Desperate move? Maybe.

She sighed again as she remembered the time she made fun of her friend when she had filled out an application for a MatchMaking site. Surely, no decent, respectable guy would use a dating site. It's too hilarious to think a doctor or a lawyer would use a dating site to find a date. Her eyes bored into the page with the site's logo Make Me A Match on the side. Then why in the world did Bom found one? A decent guy with a stable job. And a handsome one to top it all off. She could remember the time when they had warned Bom off meeting with a guy named TOP. Yes. Top. Weird name. Is it a pseudonym as he's just trying to scam her friend? Dara doesn't want to accept Bom's reassurances that he was a good guy. If he was a good guy, then why does he need the help of a dating site to meet women? And with that face? He could easily get any girl.

Going against Dara's constant warnings, Bom continued to date him for almost 5 months, became official for a year, and now they're happily married.

She's happy for her friend, of course. If Bom can just keep her mouth shut from teasing her of being an old maid, she would be ecstatically happy for her. But no. Bom have to really remind her of being 33 years old. Yes, she's already 33 but her face can pass off as 10 years younger.

But what good is a baby face if I couldn't even find a boyfriend?

She scowled at the memory of Bom telling her that for like a thousand times already. Is it her fault that she couldn't find herself liking any of the guys who asked her out for dinner? She's not really picky but... why would she choose someone that she can't feel a thing about? She was waiting for that butterfly-feel-thingie-in-the-stomach, wanting to know how that feels like but it seems to elude her. She's pretty so she had the right to be choosy.

Dara sighed again as she lightly drummed her fingers on her keyboard. Well, it seems like time is eluding her too as days, months, years, already passed by and she is still single. It was only recently that she had realized she can't be this pretty forever. She would be 34 next year and her lovelife is still imaginary.

Why don't you try that Make Me A Match? There's nothing wrong with it. Joining the site doesn't mean you'll marry the person you'll meet. Give it a shot. And besides, the site is trusted because the admins do background checks for those guys that will match your ideal type. There's even an option that you can have the admins ficilitate your first meet up. I'm telling you, it's completely safe. Just try it once, Dee.

So now, here she is, trying it once. Even paying the registration fee that Bom didn't mention as a requirement. Now that she think about it, after at least 24 hours considering the idea, there really would be no harm. She had read countless testimonials that the site was legit. It's a dating company for 10 years now and they even have the address of their office should the customers wanted to drop by and give their info personally. Like any other dating site, it gives the single –desperate, if she might add— the opportunity to meet other people from other cities or even countries. Like what Bom told her, the user would have the option to ask one of the admins to orchestrate the meet up. For an additional price, of course.