Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Jesse

As I looked over this guy Luke, I couldn't help but become jealous. This kid is coming out of nowhere and is suddenly on a first name basis with the guy that is supposed to only have eyes for me. As I looked him over, I felt more and more disgusted. His blonde hair looked droopy to me, his black eyes looked dead, and his posture told me that he didn't care about his appearance.

I could feel the anger consuming me, and with every second that he was standing there, he was pissing me off. This wasn't rational, I knew it wasn't, but none the less I still felt possessive over Mason. I mean I'd just met him recently, but I feel like we've grown attached.

Everything inside me was screaming; I didn't know what to do. I felt so many emotions run through me all at once. On one hand I wanted to grab Mason's hand tighter that I already was. On the other, I wanted to run away from him with the way that he was smiling at Luke, because I could feel every ugly emotion that I'd ever felt bubbling to the surface like a potion ready to be thrown.

As the feelings kept running through my mind, I could feel the air around me begin to change. It felt palpable. I could almost run my finger through it as though I were petting a jaguar, ready to pounce on command. The power welled up inside of me, leaking into my surrounding.

My vision began to fade, and I allowed for it to. I was seeing grey, everything around me fading into a distance. I was in a storm...no a tornado. It felt peaceful being in the eye of the storm. I didn't want to feel this, the pain of possibly losing Mason to another guy, the idea of having to cope with the loss of someone who was specifically tailored to be my everything.

The haze before me was changing, not grey, but becoming something else...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew looked into my eyes, his smile creating wrinkles on the corner of his eyes. His smile lines were endearing, because even though we're twins, he's still so different from me. While he has the tendency to smile at everything and everyone, spreading light and love, I am devoid of any signs of such happiness.

"Justice, you need to smile more," he said with a smile, as though demonstrating what he was saying. His smile is enchanting. It steals my breath every time. I feel the desire to kiss him sweep through my body. His hand comes to my cheek gently, moving to my hair, slightly scratching my scalp. I can't help but to rub my head into his hand.

"Matt, that's not fair," I responded in a whiny, soft voice. I knew he could hear me.

"What's not fair?"

"You know that when you smile I can't help but to give into you." I sighed as his hand kept running though my hair. His other arm wrapped around my waist, gently pulling me close.

"I'm not forcing you, just asking. You know that I want you to be happy." His lips pressed onto my left temple. Feeling his soft pink lips press on my skin, I felt a tingle run through my body and my element respond to his touch.

"I know, but I'm just different than you. We might look the same, we are two very different people, and I'm always scared that you'll realize that you deserve someone better than me. After all, we are brothers. You know that the Witches Council will never allow us to be together.

"I keep thinking that if you weren't forced to be bonded to me then you wouldn't feel the same way that I feel about you. I've been in love with you for a long time before we got our powers and you didn't show any interest in me. Would you still feel this way if we weren't bonded?"