Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Jesse

Snapping back from the vision I'd witnessed, I was still shaken and taken aback at the new discovery. Thantos was a kind person, he was also an earth affinity in my potions and brew class. He's my lab partner. I couldn't believe that it was him, the witch with death affinity, the person causing these people to die.

"Jesse, are you okay?" Mason asked, the concern written on his face.

"Yeah," I replied. I took a few deep breaths, the side effect of using that large amount of power twice in one day taking its toll on me. After taking a moment to breathe, I looked up at Mason, his facial expression pressed together with concern for me. That made me all the more breathless, because I knew that I was already falling for him. I just hoped that this was going to work out, and that we were going to have our happily ever after.

"I know who it is." I gasped out.

"What? Who is it? Who is doing this?" he asked me, his hands on my shoulders keeping me steady.

"It's Thantos."

"Who is Thantos?" He asked.

"He's in my Potions and Brews class. He's an Earth affinity, or at least that's what everyone thinks."

Mason turned and left his room, leaving me standing by his bed. As he left, I gave a confused look, watching his back as he left.

"Where are you going?" I called after him.

He came back, "Aren't you coming?" he asked.

I sighed. "How are you going to stop him?"

"I'm going to beat him up."

"He has death affinity. What if he kills you by touch?"

"He can't do that!"

"How do you know? What do you really know about what abilities he has as a death affinity?"

He was quiet. Walking back into the room, he closed the door. "What do you think that we need to do?"

"I don't know, but I feel like we need to get stronger in order for us to be able to go up against him. Let's think about this. We can't just go into this blindly. We need to know what we need to do in order for us to be successful." He nodded.

"Okay, thank you for being so rational about this."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Walking down the hallway with Mason after Professor Dupré's class was always my favorite part of the day. Today there seemed to be something going on in Mason's head. I could tell that his mind was in the clouds thinking the thoughts that would always be too complex for me to understand.

We were passing many people and things that have become familiar to me, especially since I'd been here a full year before Mason came to attend. I was used to all of the things we were passing, for example the fountain that was rumored to encourage lovers to become prosperous.

As we finally arrived at my dorm room (really it's a full fledged apartment), and walked inside. Once the door closed behind us, he pressed me against the door and pressed his lips against mine. His tongue started gently licking my lips, asking for entrance into my mouth. I parted my lips, and his tongue met mine. His was wrestling with mine, demanding dominance, and I freely gave it only wanting him to continue kissing me.

His hands gripped my waist, pulling me closer to him. His stopped the kiss and moved his head closer to my ear. "I. Need. You." he panted harshly into my ear, and he pressed his groin against mine to show me just how much he needed me. His hard-on was like steel. His need for me was everything, I was just wondering if this time he was actually going to let us go all the way.