Chapter thirteen: Let me in

''Philip! Philip!'' 

Lukas was at the school's reception, calling for his boy. He didn't know which room he was in so he called his name, hoping the brunette would call back. It was a little dumb because Philip fainted and he, therefore, can't talk. That didn't stop Lukas though.

He was chatting with his friends when he heard the loud thud of a body falling. Lukas didn't see what happened but when he saw Philip on the cafeteria's floor, all pale and unconscious, Lukas wanted to run to his side and hold him to his chest and kiss his face. 

Not wanting to wake any suspicions, the blonde had to wait till lunch hour ended to go see him. Those fifteen minutes seemed like ages. Lukas chewed on his nails out of nervousness as he waited, barely participating in his friends's conversations. All he wanted to know was if Philip was okay. 

A woman from one of the offices exited in the hallway, a pointed look on her face. Her hair were up in a bun and Lukas recognized her as the school's nurse. He doesn't know her name but he's seen her around the building a few times - and in health class. ''Class is starting in two minutes, what are you doing here?''

Class? Lukas doesn't care about class. It's the last thing on his mind. 

''The boy who was brought here, the one who fainted-''

''You should get to class.'' Her voice was stern and left no place for argument. 

Lukas ran a hand trough his hair in frustration. ''No. I need to see him!'' 

The nurse was starting to loose patience. ''Mr Waldenbeck, will you quiet down,'' the woman hissed, narrowing her eyes at him. ''Someone's already with him, you'll have to wait.'' 

''How long?''

''Until he leaves. It's one person at a time, Mr Waldenbeck. Sorry.'' She gave Lukas an apologetic smile and returned inside her office, to Philip's side. 

Sighing in defeat, Lukas left the reception and went to class, his head still heavy with worries. He should've argued longer but if he miss a class and people find out he was with Philip- It can't happen.

''What was that outside?'' Philip asked, his voice soft and sleepy as the nurse walked in. 

He'd been awake for a few minutes but still feels light headed so the nurse had him lay on the bed, in case he'd faint again. Even was sitting on the chair beside him, handing Philip a glass of water. 

''Some boy looking for you.'' 

He took a sip of the water, thanking Even real quick. ''What did he look like?'' Philip couldn't help but ask, curiosity taking over his sickness.

''Blonde hair and really stubborn,'' she replied. 

Blond hair? ''Shit, was it my brother?'' 

She shook her head. ''No.'' The woman sat down on her spinning chair, a small pile of paper in front of her. ''I called your parents. Your friend can leave when they get here.'' 

Philip rolled his eyes. Of course they called Helen and Gabe. 

''I hope you're not partly responsible of this, Mr Bech Næsheim,'' she said, looking at Even with a warning look. 

Even raised an eyebrow at her. ''What?'' He turned to look at Philip who shrugged, just as confused. 

''I've seen a lot of cases like yours, Mr Shea. Teenagers fainting after the lost track of whatever they consumes.''

''You think I'm taking drugs?'' Philip laughed with a sly humor. 

He was quite shocked at her accusations. It was expected from the students but the school's nurse, no. Even was as shocked as his Philip. How dare she making assumptions like that? She doesn't have proofs to say that Philip took drugs.