Chapter twenty-one: Chit chat

Before going to work, Helen dropped Philip off at Even's. It was raining and she didn't want him to get sick while waiting for the bus. They picked up some breakfast on the way and ate in the car. Helen's relationship with Isak is better than with the older brunette - Philip is so difficult. They chatted while eating and talked about how Isak's grades are getting better - thanks to a certain blonde teacher.

''I'm proud of you,'' she told him with a smile. Isak smiled back and continued eating his breakfast burger. ''You're doing so good.''

It's nice to hear this. Anne wasn't one to compliment her boys on their grades. She didn't keep up with their schooling. Most of the time, Philip was the one to sign - he's really good a imitating other people's signature - Isak's homework and other papers the school required on their mom's behalf. 

''It must be difficult to move to a new city in the middle of the school year. Teachers doesn't work the same and programs are different too.''

''Yeah,'' he agreed. ''I'm getting help from Even. He's older and he good at Maths.'' 

''Even? The boy from last night?'' Isak nodded, a beaming smile forming on his lips at the mention of Even. He's so lovestruck. ''He seems like a good kid.''

They didn't get to talk much more because Helen got a call and she had to rush to work. She apologized for cutting short their conversation but Isak assured her it was alright and they can talk another time.  

When Isak rang the doorbell, it's not Even who answered but his mother. She was tall and her blonde hair were pulled up into a messy bun. Her blue eyes were the same hue as Even's and when she smiled at him, he recognized that smile. 

''Hi, is Even home? He...erm, he said I could come over-'' 

''Oh, you're Isak?'' Isak nodded cautiously. ''Even told me a lot about you,'' she added, her smile widening. Even told his mom about him? Isak's mom doesn't even know he's gay...

Not knowing what to said, Isak smiled at her. She opened the door wider and motioned for him to come inside. She apologized for her attire, explaining she was doing yoga before he rang the door. Being polite, Isak told her it was okay, it's her house after all, she can dress how she wants.

''Well, I'm gonna go back to yoga, Even's in his room.'' She pointed to the hallway and Isak didn't need any more directives, he knows where Even's room is. 

Isak knocked lightly on the door before pushing it open without thinking. Even could've been naked. How awkward would that have been? Not gonna lie, Isak wouldn't mind seeing the older boy naked... Now he sounds like a pervert. 

Isak's smile got bigger when he caught sight of his boyfriend. He's so happy to see him, he missed him so much although only a few hours have past since they last saw each other. They're at the start of their relationship, it's normal to be addicted to the other's presence, okay?

Even's hair were undone and messy - it's the first time Isak sees him without his infamous hairdo. He was wearing a dark red hoodie while sitting on the beanbag, a sketchbook perched on his naked legs. Fuck, is he wearing anything? Isak wondered, unsure if it's a good things or not becuase Isak doesn't want to have a boner while his boyfriend's mom is home.

 Fuck, is he wearing anything? Isak wondered, unsure if it's a good things or not becuase Isak doesn't want to have a boner while his boyfriend's mom is home