Chapter sixteen: The Even curse

The Math tests were handed on Monday morning before lunch. The happiness level inside Isak was about to explode when he received his copy. He thought the teacher made a mistake and gave him the wrong copy but no, it was his. 

He got a C

To most, this is an horrible grade and not good at all but for Isak, it's fucking fantastic. He sucks at Maths. This is a lot better than his previous grade. 

When the bell rang, Isak clutched his test in his hand and looked trough the hall, searching for his favorite teacher. He needs to thank him and show him his test because he honestly couldn't have done it without his help. He could've always asked Philip but the older boy has enough problems of his own at the moment. He doesn't need to deal with Isak's grades. 

It didn't take him long to find him. Surprisingly, a tall blonde wasn't hard to find in the mass of students. He was talking with a few people Isak couldn't put names on by some lockers. Isak's lips turned up at the sight of him. ''Even!''

The latter's head snapped up and the sound of his name, mimicking Isak's smile when he saw him. They're so gone for each other. Even waved and said goodbye to his friends and met Isak half way. ''Holla,'' he greeted him.

Isak didn't reply, all he did was hand Even his Math test and waited. 

Frowning in confusion, he took whatever Isak was giving him and skimmed trough, grinning as he understood what it was. ''That's amazing, Isak!'' Even exclaimed, his smile wider if that was possible. ''You got a C, I'm so proud of you. I knew you could do it!'' 

To show how proud he was, Even leaned in for a kiss but Isak turned his head and dodged it, only to regret it and feel like a fucking asshole immediately after. Why does he have to be such a screw up? He must've hurt Even's feelings by rejecting his kiss. Maybe he thinks he's a bad kisser? Or that he had bad breath? Or that he's ashamed of him? No, no, no.

Unlike Isak, Even shrugged it off and acted like nothing happened. ''Since I helped you get that grade, it would only be fair to give me half of it,'' he joked.

''I-I couldn't have done it without you...'' Isak said, mentally groaning for how cheesy he sounds.  ''Can we study again?'' 

Even raised his eyebrows. ''Study, uh?'' 

Rolling his eyes, Isak gave him a serious look. ''I mean it. No weed.'' 

''No weed,'' Even fake gasped. ''What type of teenager are you, Isak Shea?!'' 

''I like weed, just not for studying,'' he explained. ''We can smoke all weekend if you want.''

''Oh, so we're spending the weekend together?'' 

Isak's heart started to race. Did Even not want to spend the weekend with him? Why did he say that? He should've asked Even before assuming they had plans. This is awkward. ''We don,t have to spend the weekend together if you don't want to,'' Isak rushed. ''You're free to do whatever you want, we're not married or anything-'' 

A small laugh escaped the taller boy's lips as he looked fondly at Isak. Even moved closer, his shoulder pressed against a locker. ''Did you really think I wouldn't want to spend my weekend with you? I want to spend every seconds with you, Isak. I wish I never had to let you go, ever.''

''