Part 13

Lucy's POV:

I am awoken by some unknown sound above me. I reluctantly peel my eyes open and blink in the bright sunlight. I then lean over and stick my head out into the open to see what the hell was making so much noise above me. 

Surprise, surprise, Louis is bouncing on bunk above me. Since there's not enough room to stand, he's on his hands and knees, bouncing up and down. When he sees me, he stops bouncing and grins at me.

"Good, you're awake!" Louis shouts, jumping down from the bed. I laugh and roll my eyes but do the same.

"Happy Birthday, Lucy!" Louis says, wrapping me in a huge hug. I hug him back while I laugh.

"Thanks, Lou."

"Did I just hear LUCY?" Niall's Irish accent can be heard from downstairs. Right after he says that, there is scuffling and the heavy bang of footsteps coming up the stairs. Four boys appear in the bunk room, each one wearing a smile.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all scream in unison. 

"THANKS GUYS!" I shout back, making them laugh. 

After each boy gives me a ginormous bear hug, Harry's being a bit longer than the others, we all head downstairs to the living room. I check my phone and see that it's about quarter to nine. Harry, Zayn, and I take seats on the couch while the rest sit on the floor. 

"When are we going to Splashtown?" I ask. 

"In about an hour," Harry replies, leaning back into the couch. 

"PRESENT TIME!" Louis shouts, making us all jump. 

"Wh-what? You guys got me stuff?" I ask, confused. The only people who have ever gotten me anything for my birthday were my family and Harry. 

Niall rolls his eyes.

"Um, duh! Of course we did, we're your friends, right?" he asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"That we are," I confirm, and they all smile. 

"Alright, me first!" Liam pipes up, handing me a small box wrapped in blue paper. 

"Thanks!" I say.

"Love, you haven't even opened it yet," Liam says, suppressing a laugh. I sigh and tear off the paper while the boys snicker.

I open the lid to the box to reveal a beautiful gold charm bracelet with two charms already on it. One is a circular charm with my nave engraved in cursive, and the other one is two hands holding. 

"Oh my god, thank you so much, Liam!" I exclaim, pulling him in for a hug. Liam's booming laugh fills the room.

"You're welcome, love. The hands symbolize family, they'll be with you wherever you go," Liam says as we pull away. 

They'll be with you wherever you go. Wow. This boy put a lot of thought into this and I couldn't be more grateful. This time when my eyes fill with tears, they're tears of happiness. 

"That's so thoughtful, Li. Thank you." Liam smiles and waves off my thanks. 

"Me next!" Niall leans over and hands me a larger box than the one before. I rip off the pink wrapping paper and remove the lid of the box. Inside, there is a black and white patterned bikini. The top is a twist bandeau and it has removable pink straps. It's really cute. 

"Just in case you didn't wanna match me all the time," Niall says, shrugging. I laugh and thank him before opening Zayn's present. 

Zayn got me a phone case. It's a gradient one, meaning it starts off pink and then fades to clear. I've been needing a case for a while now, and this one is perfect. I thank Zayn and hug him.