Part 31

December 19th

Lucy's POV:

"Hello?" I say groggily into the mouthpiece of my phone. It is already after noon and I just woke up about ten minutes ago. I guess the events of yesterday really took their toll on me because I'm still tired.

"Lucy?" Niall answers. "Oh my gosh, are you okay? Well, I mean, of course you're not. I'm so sorry, Harry was being stupid and he really should have told you-"

Niall's voice is rushed as he rambles on, but I cut him off. 

"You think if he'd have told me it would have made it better? He didn't have to tell me, I could easily find out that my celebrity boyfriend is cheating on me with another celebrity," I say, the tears already forming in my eyes. 

"Luce, he didn't want to do what he did. But he only did it because he loves you too much," Niall says. 

"What do you mean, he didn't want to? It was his choice! And are you saying he cheated on me because he loves me? Because that's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard!" I practically scream into the phone. Gabe appears in the living room with wide, concerned eyes. I smile weakly at him, signalling for him to leave. He nods and walks into his room, shutting the door behind him.

"No, Lucy, you don't understand. Have you even given Harry a chance to explain himself? Because if not, I'm telling you right now, it's not what you think."

What the hell is Niall talking about? Harry cheated on me, he doesn't deserve for me to listen to his explanation of why he did it. That's not how it works, at least not for me. This is my first relationship and it got fucked up pretty bad.

But what if there really was a good reason? Or a good excuse? I would still be pissed, but we might be able to get through this. Although I can't think of one right now, I can't help but wonder what Niall is talking about when he says I don't know the whole story. 

"Just promise me you'll hear him out?" my best friend pleads with me. His Irish accent is so thick that I almost don't understand what he's saying. 

"Okay," I agree, my eyelids suddenly getting heavy as if talking about this made me tired. 

"Thank you. You know I'll always be here for you, even if things don't work out," Niall says sweetly. I don't know what I did to deserve him, or any of the boys for that matter. Never in a million years did I think I would have such great friends.

"Thanks, Ni," I reply with  yawn. "Love you."

"Love you too, Luce. Call if you need me."

"I will. Bye."

As soon as I hang up the phone, I lay back on the couch and close my eyes. Within five minutes I'm asleep again.

-

"Mate, I don't think you should be here," Gabe's hushed voice comes from the direction of the front porch. The sky outside Gabe's window is a soft pink color blotted with orange, creating a beautiful sunset. I guess I slept through the day. When another familiar voice answers Gabe's, my eyes fly open and I sit bolt upright on the couch where I was sleeping. 

"No, I need to see her. She doesn't know what really happened and I can't let her think of me that way," Harry says in a shaky voice. Oh, no. I really don't want to see him right now. I have gone so long without crying, well maybe just 24 hours, but still. I know that as soon as I see his face I will break down again and I have cried way too much since yesterday. 

"I know what she thinks is worse, but you still did a bad thing," Gabe counters, disapproval clear in his tone. What are they talking about? I know exactly what Harry did and that is cheat on me. What else would I think? I saw pictures of him and another girl, and our 'breakup' is all over the internet.