Part 6

Harry's POV:

As soon as I saw Lucy crying during our concert, I knew something was up. I've known Lucy all my life and I've only seen her cry twice. Three times, now. Then, when Paul cam in with her and her friend, she looked so small and helpless. She's looking at me now, standing in the doorway. I'm shirtless and in sweatpants. I don't even bother pulling on a shirt before I run up to her and engulf her in a hug. She's a little startled at first, but after a few seconds she wraps both of her arms around me tightly and buries her face in my neck. I feel her breath tickling my skin and then I feel something wet on my neck. I grab her by the tops of her arms and hold her at arms length as my worst fears are confirmed. She is sobbing uncontrollably and the only thing I can think to do is comfort her. The rest of the boys have the decency to distract Jess by taking her out of the room, leaving Lucy and me alone. Louis gives me a sympathetic look before the door shuts and I pull Lucy back into my body.

"Shh Luce, it's okay. You're okay, I'm right here," I whisper soothingly into her ear, rubbing her back in small circles. 

"I'm-I'm so sorry, H-Harry!" she gasps, her body shaking. What? Why was she sorry? I was about to apologize to her for not calling her all these years because that's what I'm beginning to think this is about. But she speaks before I can. "I should've come and found you! We moved and you had no way to know where I was, yet I still expected you to stay in touch?"

"No, no, Lucy, its oka-" I start, but she cuts me off. 

"No! No, it's not okay! I've been angry with you all these years, and now I'm angry at myself like I should have been all along," She yells, and I take a step back so I can look at her. "I wasn't there for you, Haz. I know you. I know how hard this must've hit you. I know you must be upset at times, with the media and everything. And I should've been there to help you! You shouldn't have had to do it alone," she finishes. I'm speechless, my mouth hanging open. When I finally come to my senses, I find my voice. 

"Lucy, I wasn't alone," I begin, and her eyes snap up to meet mine. "I had the boys, my four best mates. They're more like brothers. They go through the exact same thing, and yeah it's hard at times but when you really step back and look at it, we're five of the luckiest guys ever. I love all our fans even though some are obnoxious, that just proves that they're dedicated. It is hard for me, I'll admit it. But it's nothing I can't handle. I'm older than you, remember?" I say with a smirk. We always used to joke about her being young for her year. Her birthday is August 23rd, and she was always a year behind me in school. She laughs, still teary, but she seems happier. "Don't worry about me, I'm used to it now. You're here now and this time I'm not letting you leave." She smiles at the last sentence and I pull her into me again, one hand resting on the back of her head as the other is wrapped around her waist. I stroke her hair and she mumbles something into my chest.

"You have a lot of tattoos, Styles," she says quietly and I chuckle. It's true, of course. I didn't have any when I last saw her. Now I'm inked. "I like them," she adds, pulling away and I grin. She's already smiling and I'm glad to see she's cheered up. 

"We have a meet and greet to go to," I say, suddenly remembering the 25 fans waiting for us a a hotel. She nods and smiles as she steps into the hall, clearly noticing that I need to change. Return the smile before the four other boys saunter into the room, each giving me a look before going to change.

Lucy's POV:

I let out a sigh as I exit the room, wiping my eyes. Harry was always so understanding and he always knew how to make me laugh, which he just proved. I shake my head and smile at the ground before looking up to see five pairs of eyes staring at me. I feel my cheeks heat and I look at Niall.