Chapter 13

Kyungsoo

As soon as I opened the heavy door of the shop I was greeted by a happy Monggu. He came running all the way from where he had been sitting behind the counter, Jongin rushing after him. "Monggu, come here!"

He stopped as he saw it was me and smiled, "oh, it's you. Hey."

I kneeled down to pat the dog, "hello."

"I should teach him not to run to the door," Jongin said, scratching the back of his neck.

"You'll manage that," I stood up straight again, giving him a small smile. "Is Jongdae here already?"

"No, I was the first one." He returned to the seat behind the counter and took out some papers.

I cedided to just go to work and picked up the box with books that needed to be placed in the racks. I took one out and started to search where it needed to be.
I pursed my lips while staring at Jongin. He seemed to be deep in thoughts and not really paying attention to what he was doing. I walked over to him, still holding the book. He didn't notice me at all.

"Jongin." I slammed the book down on the counter, making him jump from the sudden loud bang. "Omg, Kyungsoo," he breathed out and clutched his heart.

"You need distraction," I told him. "Are you free after work?"

"I guess so," he looked down at the paper in front of him again. "Why?"

"Let's hang out," I crossed my arms and placed them on the counter, leaning closer. "It'll be fun."

"Uhm... S... Sure," he stuttered while trying to avoid my gaze. "But I don't need distraction. There's nothing wrong."

"Uhu," I said, not believing him one bit. "If you say so."

~

"Oh!" I suddenly called out. "Do you want one?" I pointed at a couple holding ice creams, but didn't wait for his reply. I tugged at his sleeve, "which flavour?"

"Stracciatella," he immediately answered. "Shall I get you one?"

"Nah, I'll do it. I asked you first." I started walking, quickly letting go of his arm, as soon as I realised I was still holding it.
I bought us both an ice cream with some money Baekhyun had given me earlier. This kid has been too nice to me.

We walked to a nearby bench and sat down. I started licking my strawberry ice cream and watched how Jongin struggled with preventing his from melting down the ice cone. I chuckled softly, making him look at me. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing," I sucked on my bittom lip and kept staring at him. "It's on your chin," I noticed and started laughing.

He wiped it away and licked it off his hand. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I felt my phone buzzing against my leg in the pocket of my jeans, but ignored it. "Now it's on your cheek. How do you even manage that?"

He tried to wipe it away, but missed it every time. "Where?"

"There," I pointed. "Wait, let me."
I placed my hand on his cheek and wiped it away with my thumb, touching him longer than I needed. "There you go."

"Thank you," I noticed his cheeks started to get a soft pink color. "I'm sorry for being such a messy eater."

"It's fine," I assured him. "You know..."

He looked up, waiting for me to continue. "What?"

"It's nothing." I felt my phone buzzing once again and decided it might be important. "Excuse me," I said to Jongin and got my phone out, seeing two new messages.

Unknown number: hello sweetheart, how's everything going with your new friend? Xxx Kris

Unknown number: I always have strawberry too. It's delicious.

I quickly tucked it away again, feeling anger boiling up inside of me. How did that dickhead get my number? Was he spying on me? If I see him again, I swear I'll break his-

"Is everything okay?" Jongin interrupted my thoughts. "You look kind of... Angry."

"I'm fine," I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to calm down. I didn't want to lose my temper in front of Jongin. I opened my eyes again and noticed he was looking at me with worry in his eyes. "Finish that."

"You wanna go home already?" He asked, focusing his gaze on the half eaten ice cream in his hand.

"I'm sorry, something came up." I saw he was disappointed from the look in his eyes, but he did as I told him anyway, making me feel like a total asshole.