Chapter 15

Baekhyun

I had heard the front door open and I knew it was Kyungsoo, but he didn't yell anything upstairs as he usually would as he came home.

I finished the sentence I was writing before walking down into the living room, but he wasn't there. I frowned. Where was he? Then I heard a shot. It startled me for a moment, but then I realized it came from the garden. I quickly opened the sliding door and found Kyungsoo. Alone. He didn't pay any attention to me as I walked closer. I stopped as I saw he was holding a gun and my eyes grew big. He raised his arm and pointed it to an empty beer can. Bang.

A shiver ran down my spine by hearing the sound. "Kyungsoo!"

He turned his head to me and dropped his arm. The small amount of light that came from the house was enough to make me see his with blue and purple painted face. "Oh my god." I covered my mouth with my hand and stared at him. "Wh... What happened?"

"Nothing Baek." He turned away again and walked over to the can, picking it up. "Nothing."

"Come inside, I'll clean you up." I suggested, getting the hint he didn't want to talk about it. "Please."

He held the can up like some sort of trophy and examined the holes he shot in it. "I'm fine."

"Don't be stubborn," I snapped. "Get your ass in the house!" I didn't know why I suddenly raised my voice. Maybe it was because his face looked immensely painful.

He blinked a few times before walking over to me and handing me the can. "I didn't shoot them."

I didn't know what he meant, but took it anyway. "Let's go inside Kyungie."

"There were two and I didn't shoot them." He pointed at the can with the gun, making me really uncomfortable. "There are two holes for each of them."

I just nodded and placed my hand on his arm, but pulled away when he winced in pain. "Sorry."

"It's okay." He stepped inside and waited for me to follow him, sliding the door close.

"Let me see," I commanded, placing the can on the ground beside the door.

Kyungsoo sat down on the couch and pulled his shirt over his head, revealing a few cuts and purple bruises. In this light I could see his face clearly. His eye was swollen and a long cut covered his cheek and a smaller one underneath his eyebrow. On his nose was dried blood.

"Holy shit," I muttered.

Kyungsoo

That night I dreamed of Jongin. I was sitting in the book shop all alone. My surroundings were a bit blurry, but I just knew where I was. The door opened and first there was only light. It was so bright I had to shield my eyes with my hand. As the light dimmed a figure was suddenly standing in front of me.

"J... Jongin?" I asked as my vision became sharper.

He smiled at me, "hello Kyungsoo."

I was very aware of the fact that this was a dream, which was very unusual. I normally had the feeling it was real, but now I was awake in my own dream. "Why are you here?"

"What do you mean?" He asked and raised his eyebrows. "I'm here because you want me to."

I was taken aback. "You are not real," I mumbled. Suddenly we were out of the shop and standing in Baekhyun's garden. "I usually don't get what I want," I said and walked around the Jongin my brain had made up.

A chuckle escaped his mouth and he stopped me by grabbing my shoulder. "Look at this," he said and showed me the beer can I shot earlier today. "Why didn't you took the gun?"

I swallowed and looked up at him. "I didn't want to."

He nodded and the can was gone, "where do you wanna go?" He asked and poked his finger against my chest. "Tell me."

I opened my mouth, but there was no sound. Jongin placed his hand on my eyes and I felt something soft touching my lips. It took me a moment to realize it were his.
We kept standing like this until he took his hand off and we were standing in front of a house. "No," I whispered and tried to blink the tears away that were welling up in my eyes. "I don't want to."

"You do," Jongin spoke.

Colors started to form behind the window on the left. Red and orange soon became visible behind the right window.

"No." I took a step back, but Jongin grabbed my hand and pulled me back again. He pushed me in front of him and placed his hands on the sides of my head to keep me from turning away. "Look."

Around the house was nothing but darkness. The bright colors were all I could see. They were dancing in front of my eyes as the house was swallowed by it. "Please," I cried out. "Don't." I started clawing at his hands, begging him to let me go, but he didn't move an inch.

My breathing became heavier as I started to panic. "I can't do this!"

"You can." His voice was close to my ear and his nose brushed against the side of my neck. "You are strong Kyungsoo."

"I'm not!" I closed my eyes, but the colors stayed the same. "Please."

"No." His hands moved from my head to my chest and he wrapped his arms around me. "It's not your fault."

"It is!" I was now sobbing and tried to turn around in his arms. I didn't expect him to let me, but he did. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and held him close. "It's all my fault."

"It isn't." He kept insisting. "I have to let you go now."

"What? No!" I looked up at him as he walked backwards. "Stay!"

He shook his head and I tried to reach him, but my feet were from concrete. I couldn't move.

"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun's voice called me. "Wake up!"