Chapter 35

Kyungsoo

I ran.

I didn't know what to do other than that. Returning to the shop wasn't an option. My shoulder was bleeding and there was blood on my sleeves.
So I ran.
At first I planned to go back to Jongin's house and change, but what if they had started looking for me? I couldn't risk anything. He couldn't see me like this.
I decided to go to my uncle's place, but he wasn't there.

I was getting tired and scared. Kris wouldn't let me get away with this that easily, so I expected him any minute. As I was walking towards Lay I kept looking behind me, but there was nothing.

I glanced over my shoulder once again and suddenly bumped into a body. Scared, I curled my fingers around the handle of my knife before looking up at the person.

"I'm sorry," the woman said. "Oh..."

I let go of my knife as soon as I realised who it was. Minsuh, Lay's sister.

"What have you been doing you bastard?" She said it in a tone it could also have been a compliment. "You look good."

I stared at her, eyebrows furrowed. "I need to see your brother."

"Why?" She turned around and started walking, throwing her hands in the air. "Kyungsoo is it right? Why does a bastard need another bastard? A bigger bastard."

I followed her, since she was walking in the right direction. "Because this bastard needs help."

"You're bleeding." Minsuh didn't look at me while saying this. Now I could see she had the same features as Lay.

"I hadn't noticed that," I said sarcastically.

"What have you done?" She peered at me, eyebrows up in a bitchy way and her mouth a stripe.

"What's your business in this?" I snapped. "I don't have to tell you."

"Of course not." She rolled her eyes. "Always the same."

"The same?" I asked confused.

"Always so aggressive." She pointed at me. "Your temper, that's the problem."

"Oh, please."

"Then what? A sad life story? Of course, they all have that." She turned her head away and kept walking.

"What's your problem?" I asked as I pressed my hand against my shoulder. "I'm not in the mood right now."

"Guys like you are my problem."

"Always have been." I sighed in relief as I saw the now familiar building.

"Glad you know it."

"Are you coming with me?" I asked as I quickened my pace.

"I have nothing else to do than annoy my brother, so yes." Her heels were quite loud, but I hadn't noticed that until now.

We were greeted by Suho, who was standing behind the door. He bowed and looked at me. "What happened?"

"I need to talk to Lay."

Jongin

I was getting worried now and Jongdae noticed my nervous behavior. "He's not a kid Nini."

"I know that."
Every time the bell above the door rang my head shot up, but it never was Kyungsoo. "I just wonder what happened."

"Maybe he feels sick," Jongdae suggested. "You can almost go home, just wait a little bit longer."

I nodded, but kept staring at the door. What if really something happened?

Finally I could leave. "See you tomorrow." I grabbed my jacket and ran outside without waiting for him to answer me.