Chapter 20

Kyungsoo

I walked to the back of the shop, making sure Jongdae was in another room, so I could speak on the phone while no one could hear me. I dialed Lay's number and waited.

"You are trying to reach Lay. Press one if you are an asshole. Press two if you are Kyungsoo. Press three if you are Kyungsoo that has given up the idea of having a normal life." Lay's voice sounded through the phone.

"I know it's you Lay," I said and rolled my eyes.

"Pick a number," he demanded.

"Two," I replied after thinking about the choices for a moment.

A deep sigh was heared from the other end.

"I'm sorry for throwing your stuff on the ground," I apologized.

"I've always known you had an anger issue." There were some noises on the background before he spoke again. "What do you want?"

"Money."

"You want it or you need it?" He asked.

"A bit of both," I said truthfully. "I'll finish a job for you."

"How much do you want?"

"Not much, just a small job." I peeked around the door to see if I was still alone. "What does it pay?"

"A hundred, cause you are from outside." He replied.

"Two."

"And a half."

"Two," I repeated myself.

"Fine. If that's what makes you happy." He was obviously annoyed. "You will go with Suho tomorrow. I don't want the guy dead. If I find out he's dead, they will find both of you on the bottom of the sea. He just needs to be scared. Got it?"

"I need it today." I said, ignoring what he had told me.

It was silence for a long time before I heard the click of a lighter, which meant he lit up a cigarette. "Why?"

"It's none of your business." With the end of my shoe I drew circles on the dusty ground. "I'm gonna visit you after work to take the money."

"No."

"I'll go tomorrow, you know me." I tried to convince him.

"Still no." He kept resisting.

"See you then." Before he could say another thing I hung up.

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin's voice startled me and I almost dropped the phone. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry, I just needed to make a call." I gently pushed him out of the room and closed the door behind us.

~

"Is it gonna take long?" Jongin asked as he parked the car on one of the marked places.

"Of course not. I wouldn't let you wait for me that long." I unbuckled the seatbelt and jumped out.

As I entered the building Suho was standing with his hands on his back, rocking back and forth on his heels.
He was staring into the distance, but turned to me as he heard the door open.

"Lay told me to give this to you," Suho said and handed me a white envelope. "And to tell you that if you won't be there tomorrow he'll cut you into pieces and bury them in different places."

"Good to know," I nodded and peeked inside the envelope. It was indeed filled with the money. "Thanks."

"Sounds like we're going together tomorrow."

"Sounds like it," I agreed."I'll be going again. How late do you want me to be here tomorrow?"

"Nine."

"Can you pick me up?" I asked while putting half of the money in my wallet and the rest in my back pocket.

"Sure," he nodded.

"Make sure to stay at the end of the road," I told him. "Don't park in front of the house."

"I'll remember," he assured me. "Anything else?"

"Nah, see you." I shortly waved my hand at him and headed out of the building.
I ran towards the black car and climbed inside. "Was that quick or was that quick?"

"It was quick," Jongin agreed with a chuckle.

"What were you reading this morning?" I asked as I looked behind me on the backseat to see the back of a book.

There was a silence before he answered my question. "Poetry."

"Interesting." I reached back and grabbed the book. I really wanted to know what kind he liked. I eagerly started to flip through the pages and noticed all the poems were about love.

"Don't look at that!" Jongin quickly snatched it out of my hands and placed it on the backseat again.

"Is Jonginnie secretly a man of romance?" I asked with a smirk on my face. "A man with a desire for pure love?"

"Stop it," he hit me like he had done this morning and furrowed his eyebrows. "Some are just really beautiful."

"I'm just joking alright?" I placed my hand on his hand and caressed it tenderly. "What do you wanna eat?"

"Hm?" He asked as he looked up from our hands. "Oh, well... Uhm... Pizza?"

I couldn't help, but laugh. "Very romantic indeed."

He looked away, trying to hide his blushing cheeks.