Chapter 21

Jongin

I watched how Kyungsoo caught a string of cheese with his teeth. I followed it up with my eyes until it disappeared between those beautiful pink lips.
I kept staring at them until Kyungsoo snapped his fingers in front of my face and the lips started talking, "don't look at me like that."

"Why not?" I lowered my head to lay onto my arms that were crossed on the table. "I like to watch you while eating."

"Don't be such a creep," he chuckled. "Are you tired?"

"A bit," I answered honestly, but sat up straight again. "The cut is healed," I noticed.

He stopped eating and touched the skin on his cheek. "It's damn ugly."

I picked up a piece of the salami pizza and took a bite. "It's not."

"Why not?" He asked in disbelief. "It covers almost my whole cheek."

"You can't be ugly Kyungsoo," I replied while looking down at the food in my hand.

He chuckled. "Stop before I start to blush."

He was joking of course and it stung me a bit. Was he just playing around? Was I the only one who really had feelings? I bit my lip and sighed.
"Can I ask you something?"

He looked at me and then took a sip from his drink, "sure."

"You suddenly showed up out of nowhere, I'm just curious about you." I took a swig from my drink and watched his reaction.

"That wasn't a question," he remarked. "What do you wanna know?"

"Just tell me about yourself," I insisted. "Your life."

"My parents died four year ago in a fire and I was raised by my uncle, even though I don't see him anymore." He scratched the back of his neck while thinking of something else to tell. "Got into lots of trouble. I'm not really Mr. Nice guy."

I looked at him, eyebrows furrowed. "Wow Kungsoo."

He shrugged and took another bite. "That's life."

"But I don't understand one thing," I started playing with the napkin as he waited for me to continue. "Why are you not a nice guy? You seem pretty nice to me."

He laughed shortly. "Oh Jongin. You don't know anything. Enough about me, it's your turn."

I decided not to ask what he meant and laid the napkin down. "My father was killed two years ago." I didn't know what else to say. Partly because other than that my life had been normal. I had been a good kid and still did my best to be friendly and not judgemental. And partly because of what Kyungsoo said earlier.

"That... That sucks man," he spoke. "How's your mother?"

"She's alright I guess. It's not like we have the best relationship ever, but it goes." I suddenly felt sad talking about this stuff. "Other subject."

"Right... Nice shirt."

I looked down at my old Beatles shirt, "you think so?"

"Yes, they're awesome." He smiled at me. "You like them?"

"I do." I started playing with my fingers, unsure of what to do.

Kyungsoo watched me in silence and then suddenly reached out his hand to touch mine.
"Come here, I need to tell you something." He said and gestured me to come closer.

I placed my elbows on the table and leaned forward, but he wasn't satisfied. "Do you want the whole restaurant to know?"

I leaned closer, but he said, "come on Jongin." He held his hand up, ready to whisper something into my ear.

He leaned in and suddenly his lips were pressed against mine behind his hand. It was a quick kiss and I was taken aback. I looked at him with wide eyes and he started laughing.

"I... I wasn't ready," I suddenly spoke. "C... Can we do that a... Again?" I didn't sound confident at all and I could slap myself for acting this way.

Kyungsoo smirked and grabbed my collar, carefully and slowly pulling me closer to his face. My eyes darted away from him to the other people in the restaurant. We were sitting quite invisible in a corner and just a few people were present, but still.

"Don't look at them Jongin." Kyungsoo had noticed me looking. "It's only you and I right now."

My breath hitched as our lips met again in a passionate kiss. It was the longest we had shared and it felt like my chest would explode. Kyungsoo sucked on my lip and a soft moan escaped my mouth. I reminded myself not to draw everyone's attention on us and pressed my eyes closed. He pulled back for a second, but then caught my bottom lip between his again. The kiss was getting sloppier, but neither one of us minded. It's only you and I right now.

I finally pulled away, out of breath. He was breathing heavily too, but there was a smirk plastered on his face. I felt my cheeks getting redder from the sudden heated moment. We were still close to each other and I could feel Kyungsoo's breath on my lips. I didn't open my eyes until I didn't feel it anymore. He wasn't looking at me as I expected, but staring at the table.
"I like you Jongin."

I blinked a few times before asking, "you do?"

He lifted his head and nodded. "What about you?"

"I like you too," I answered softly and I wasn't even sure he had heard me.