Chapter 36

Kyungsoo

I was watching how Minsuh painted her nails in a color that I believe is called burgundy while Lay was busy writing behind his desk.
It felt weird to be here. I had slept on the couch that was pressed into a corner of this room.
I wanted to go back to Jongin, but my arm was killing me and while waiting for the painkillers to work I had fallen asleep.
I had woken up to find out my phone had died.

I was now half laying on the couch watching the siblings doing their thing. It felt weird.
I should be on my way, but Lay insisted to give me some food first and I couldn't say no. I felt nauseous from the lack of food.
I sighed deeply before turning my head to look out of the window.

There was a knock on the door and Tao walked in with a tray in his hands. Without saying anything he placed it on the small table in front of me and headed out again.

"I didn't know you had room service." I sat up straight and started stuffing my face with the food.

"Kyungsoo." Lay said my name to get my attention as he looked up from some papers. "Have you thought about how to get the money?"

"Actually, I have thought about just killing you." I tried to joke the bad feeling away I had in my stomach.

He smiled humorlessly at me and probably took my answer as a no.

As soon as I was done with eating I stood up. "I'll be going now. Thanks for everything."

Lay only murmured something while Minsuh waved at me with her freshly painted nails. "Bye Kyungsoo boy."

The whole walk to my uncle's apartment, I kept biting my lip. This bad feeling I had in my stomach kept nagging. My hands were shaking as I held onto the railing, while walking up the stairs. My heart was beating fast as I saw the still kicked in door.
I carefully walked inside. Still no Dongsun.

The empty ashtray was everything I needed to see.

He had left.

Just like I had left him by going to prison.

Jongin

The first thing I did when I woke up was checking my phone, but still no message from Kyungsoo. I sighed deeply and rubbed my eyes. I was tired and worried.
Xiumin was still sleeping, so I decided to make breakfast. I climbed out of the bed and got dressed in sweatpants and the Beatles shirt Kyungsoo liked.
Monggu followed me and waited patiently for his own breakfast.

The whole morning seemed strange.
I sighed again before starting my usual morning routine.

Xiumin came walking down the stairs, "good morning!"

"Good morning Xiu," I greeted him back. "Have you slept well?"

"Yes, you actually curl up quite small." He chuckled before sitting down on a chair. "I had almost the whole bed for my own."

"Coffee?" I asked as my hand reached for a teabag out of habit. Focus Jongin. I grabbed a cup instead and looked at my friend, who nodded, "yes, please."

I shove some food on two plates and placed them on the table, along with our cups.

Xiumin's eyes landed on a sketchbook that was laying on the table. "Do you draw?"

I stopped eating and realised he didn't know about Kyungsoo staying here. I swallowed and looked at him. "No, I don't."

"Then who does in this house? A ghost?" He raised one eyebrow while taking a sip from his coffee.

"Kyungsoo." I lowered my head and started eating again.

"Kyungsoo?" You could hear he was trying to hold back his anger. "He visits often?"

"He stays here most of the time." I made sure my voice was calm, like it was not something I had hidden from him. "I hope it tastes good."

Xiumin looked at me confused for a moment, before realizing I was talking about the food. "It's great."

I never looked at what Kyungsoo has been drawing. Not that I wasn't interested, but because he always did it when I was busy. I always kind of forget he likes to sketch.

"I hope you know what you are doing." Xiumin said and reached out for the book. He untied the straps that were holding it closed and started flipping through the pages.

I was dying to know what he was looking at, but continued eating.

"This is pretty cool." He turned the book around to show me a thick sketch of a raven with its claws spread, head down like it was looking at something underneath him.

I nodded in agreement and he flipped further. He stopped on a page and his eyebrows shot up. He showed me again and this time it was a house with flames burning behind the windows. "It looks realistic," I murmured.

Xiumin now turned the page while the book was still facing me. It was a tree. All alone in a big field.
I bit my lip as I recognized it.

The next one was me.
He had made a drawing of me.
My heart fluttered.

"There are actually a lot of you, but I skipped them." Xiumin remarked.

The next drawing made me swallow uncomfortably. It was a person sitting on a chair with a man standing next to it. The uncomfortable part was that the person on the chair had a bag over his head and the man had no face. No wait. I leaned closer and noticed it originally did had a face, but was angrily removed.

"Pretty creepy don't you think?" Xiumin asked me as he stared at me.

Before I could answer his question the doorbell rang. I stood up too fast and knocked my chair on the ground.
I cursed before lifting it onto its feet again and heading to the door.

I jerked the door open and there he was, standing with his shoulders jerked up like he was cold. I froze.

"Jongin?"

~~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday LeeSangKrystal
Have a great day and I love you❤