Chapter 27

Kyungsoo

I woke up from something heavy on my chest. I shifted on the bed to get rid of it, but it didn't work. "Hmmpf," I murmured and opened my eyes, rubbing the sleep out of them.

Now I saw the source of it; Jongin was clinging onto me like a koala.
I smiled sleepily and ran a hand through his hair. The movement woke him up and he lifted his head to look at me, his eyes half open.

"Good morning," I yawned. "How did you sleep?"

He just groaned and buried his face in my side. I chuckled at his behavior. This was something I could get used to. Waking up next to him every day would be too good to be true.

"We should get up," I sat up straight, making him groan even louder. I carefully pushed him off me, "Jonginnie."

"Alright, alright." He pushed himself in a sitting position and peered at me with dull eyes underneath his messy hair. "I'll make breakfast."

"You sure?" I asked with a chuckle. "Are you even really awake?"
I pushed his hair backwards and he smiled lazily at me. I held his head between my hands and pressed a kiss on his forehead, then cheek and finally his mouth.
He hummed in approval. "Now I'm fully awake."

I jumped out of bed while Jongin had his feet tangled in the sheets and almost fell. We walked downstairs as my phone buzzed.
I answered the call and held the phone against my ear.
"Hello?" I peeked around the door and saw Jongin was already busy making breakfast in the kitchen. I smiled and watched how he searched in the fridge and then ruffled his hair.

"Enjoying your new life?" Lay asked on the other end. I could exactly imagine how he was sitting at his so called office with his feet on the desk, stupid smirk on his face.

"To the fullest," I replied and kept staring at the younger male.

"Glad to hear, I do wonder if you are in for a little job."

"What is it?" I closed the door behind me to speak more privately.

"It's a bit more than the last one, but you'll get paid double." He held the phone away from his mouth and yelled, "close the door you stupid fuck!" And then to me, "sorry about that. Do you think people are born stupid or lack of education?"

"Why don't you ask your little minions to do it for you?" I asked, ignoring his other question.

"Because I'm an asshole."

I rolled my eyes, "of course you are. Who am I going with?"

"Tao. I explained everything to him, so you'll just have to listen to him." He explained.

"Not my style," I sat down on one of the steps of the stairs and rested my head in my hand. "Tell me or I'm out."

"Don't act like you are the genius here," Lay scoffed. "I can do this without you."

"I know."

"Beat the man up." He said after a couple minutes of silence.

"That's all?" I asked surprised. "I thought you wanted to make me kill someone. Send me there without telling what to do, so I can't butt out."

"I'm not like that," he said sarcastically. "Okay, I could have done that, but no."

"When?"  I asked.

"Tomorrow. Suho told me he picked you up at the end of the street, shall I tell Tao to do it too?"

The door to the hallway opened and Jongin's face appeared in my sight. "Oh, I'm sorry." He apologized as he noticed I was talking on the phone."