Forced friendship is better then none at all

Warnings: mentions of abuse, triggers

Peter ran into Deadpool once more, twice, three times until finally the man was cautiously considered a constant in Peter's life... mostly because he couldn't shake the man off of his case.

The arachnid was no closer to trusting Wade other then sitting two feet away. He never turned his back to him nor let the other out of his sight.... then again that's how he treated every man he came in contact to. A fact Wade came to notice the more he followed his hero around.

Wade wasn't offended. He was already used to this behavior, but after watching his Hero many times over and was relieved at discovering that the act wasn't portrayed only for his presence but for everyone. It felt less harsh and was received as more of a soft punch. Maybe even more like a tap. But Spidey didn't ignore him, nor did he shove him off the building when he got annoying. Wade prayed that was because the arachnid liked his presence rather then just because the young heir was ethical or afraid Wade would come back at him for doing something of the sort.

The mercenary just wanted to protect the spider. As weird and not normal it may be, he was very familiar with what Spidey was trying to do the first time Wade found him. Very familiar. It also didn't take a rocket scientist to know what the even strait scars left on the spiders wrists where. Or to know why the inside of the Hero's thighs would randomly start to bleed somedays when all the hero was doing was swinging around and being the little acrobat he is.

The male was also subject to abuse. That mug was obvious with how Spider-Man avoided men at all cost and was a bit skittish around women too. It was in a way amusing and entirely depressing how willing the hero was to give a criminal a good smacking around before leaving them unconscious for the police. People thought Spider-Man's timidness was a result of being a vigilante. A rather brutal one based off of how some criminals where treated. The just didn't understand that the hero was trying to keep himself safe while disarming the enemy. Wade's spider only felt safe when the men were unable to fight back, when they were unconscious. So that's how the arachnid felt with the people.

Wade had only ever seen Spidey falter once while battling. It was a moment Wade was really able to gauge and try to understand what had happened to his little bug.

Wade had been making an approach from behind Doc Ock when Spidey had unexpectedly used him as a spring board, knocking the mercenary down on his ass while managing to hook his arm around the villain's neck. The arachnid had saved him from being skewed by a mechanical arm but in the process had forgotten to back off quickly enough before said arms ripped him off of their master's body and pinned the hero to a wall by his wrists, another shoving his pelvis firmly against the wall... And the hero just didn't move, just stared blankly, unmoving as a sharp spite protruded from one of the arms to more then likely stab through the paralyzed hero.

Wade rushed back up to his feet. Pulling a sword from its sheath and ripping it up virtually across the villains back, slicing through metal and spine. A deep cute raked through the back of the man's skull. The standing corpse stood a moment longer before extra limbs and body fell limply to the ground, leaving Wade to catch Spidey as he'd slid down the wall. The mercenary didn't stay, wrapping his arms around his uninjured web head before leaving the scene.

Peter didn't flee from Wade gentle hold that day. He didn't push the man away for touching him. Instead he looked back at his dead enemy, someone who had attacked him and saw that this man who had hardly left his side for the past few months was not an enemy. No, this one man protected him. Stopped someone who could have taken Peter. Instead Peter hung on a little tighter to the strong neck his arms were wrapped around as he was carried away from danger.