Chapter 6

"So where are you taking me this time?" Frank asked, smiling softly into the morning air.

This had been, so far, the best morning in both their lives (not that they would ever admit it though). Frank woke up to find not only his hand around Gerard's waist, but felt the older man's fingers laced with his own. It was warm and convenient, and he wanted to wake up like this every morning for the rest of his life.

It wasn't awkward when the other woke up. The two just slowly unlaced themselves from each other and got up as if nothing happened. Although they were both equally hoping that the next night would end up the exact same way.

"To see a friend," Gerard simply replied.

"Friend?" Frank's eyebrows rose. "I didn't know you had these."

"Wow. Ouch," Gerard rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"No, that's not what I meant. Sorry," Frank rushed to correct himself. "You just never mentioned any of your friends."

"Well that's because I barely have any. I have one best friend, one good friend, and one I just know. Nothing much, but they mean a lot to me."

"That's nice," Frank smiled at him. Gerard hid his own smile and they kept walking.

Eventually they reached a small record store.

Frank's eyes opened wide once they stepped inside. He'd lived in Newark for a while now, but never got to see this place before.

The store itself was pretty small. It had only one story and there weren't too many people in there, maybe twenty, but it was filled with CD's, records, albums, instruments and posters. Frank knew he could just stay there all day in that store, just listen to those albums and play every instrument he saw.

He barely even noticed Gerard walking over to the bearded guy with the orange-blonde hair that stood behind the counter.

"Hey, Bob! It's been a while since I saw your pretty face," Gerard winked with a smirk as he took his sunglasses off. Bob laughed and returned the smile.

"Gerard! How nice of you to finally show up. Come here, you fucker!" he exclaimed happily. The two hugged tightly and then let go to look each other over.

"Your beard grew," Gerard commented.

"Yeah, still working on it."

"Matches your lip ring."

"Thank you. I'm trying my best," Bob winked and Gerard laughed a little. "Who's your friend over there?" Bob suddenly asked, looking behind Gerard at the dark-haired boy who stared at a shelf filled with rock albums from the 80's like it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

"Oh this? This is Frank. He lives with me," Gerard said, grinning at the boy's eagerness to check out every single record on that damn shelf.

When he looked back at Bob though, the bearded man had his eyebrow raised and a confused look on his face, and Gerard just realized what he said.

"God, no, not in that way," he hurried to explain. "It's um... it's complicated."

"What do you mean?" Bob asked. Gerard knew he had to tell him.

He quietly stepped behind the counter so he could be as close to Bob and nobody would hear them. He glanced at Frank shortly to make sure he was still concentrated on the guitars area and didn't look for Gerard, before turning back to Bob with a serious expression.

"Michael is back," he said as quietly as he could. Bob seemed surprised, but didn't say a word, just let Gerard continue. "I sensed him a week ago near my house, and when I went to check on it, he had his fangs inside Frank. Luckily, I got there on time and there wasn't too much damage, so I took him to my house and gave him some anti-venom. But now I have to protect him. Michael is planning something, something big, and he decided to involve Frank in this."