Chapter 25

Eventually Gerard had almost fully recovered. It had been nearly two weeks. Bob's medication really helped his system fight the disease, and Frank's care-giving improved his feeling a lot.

So now he was sitting in his kitchen, sipping the coffee he made by himself, while Frank was still at the record store, helping Bob and Livvie clean up.

Gerard still wasn't in the state to go out and make a lot of effort, but he was able to walk properly without feeling sick, the headaches were gone, and the fact he didn't have to see Jonathan's fucking face around really helped his mood.

Kelly Spring's voice filled the room, and he smiled down at the book he was reading as she blabbed about relationships and other stuff Gerard didn't really pay attention to.

Her voice was enough though. It was calm and happy and it reminded him of how Frank and him always listened to the morning radio together, enjoying the songs people dedicated to their loved ones while dancing around the kitchen like drunken teenagers.

He grinned to himself. Frank always made him feel like a teenager again, all shy and curious, eager to find out new things.

Frank made him feel strong and weak at the same time. He wanted power, but he also wanted to give himself to the younger and let him have him.

Still, he wasn't sure if he was ready to bottom just yet.

But as he promised Frank, maybe one day.

He probably would've considered it sooner, if it wasn't for Jonathan, who left his permanent mark on Gerard's skin, staining him forever as his. It's like he owned him.

But Gerard's heart was Frank's now. Frank held it in his hands and caressed it like he was afraid to let go. Gerard knew he did. He knew that the boy cared for him, and that thought made his heart beat twice as fast with joy.

He couldn't wait for Frank to come back home.

xoxoxoxo

"So, how's Gerard doing?" Bob asked as Frank and him dusted the old shelves.

"Oh, he's doing great. A lot better. The headaches are gone," Frank replied, his hand sliding carefully over the shelf as he cleaned it up and made it shiny, as if it was brand new.

"Good. I'm glad," Bob said simply. "Did the pills help him?"

"Yeah, they did. Yours especially. He said that without the pills he would've exploded by now."

"Yeah, I know him," the bearded chuckled. "His immune system is something you gotta get used to."

"Well you haven't seen mine yet."

"I bet his is worse though. This guy almost sneezed himself to death once."

Frank laughed quietly, imagining his boyfriend sneezing, his nose all puffy and red, his hair messy, wrapped around in layers and layers of blankets to cover his shivering body.

He blushed lightly, and Bob knew what he was thinking about.

"Just please don't get hard in my store," he sighed casually as he moved to another shelf. "I've already had enough of your boyfriend moaning in the lavatory."

"Did Gerard actually jerk off in the bathroom here?" Frank laughed, trying to think just in how much trouble he got with Bob.

"Oh, I don't think he was alone in there," Bob said, still dusting the shelf like it was nothing.

"Oh. Well, it was probably still pretty embarrassing," Frank said. He didn't mind that Gerard did sexual stuff with other people. It was in the past, and the older man was his now, so it didn't matter.